Netherlands issues

1 hour ago, John Mac said:

All,

We who bought this product love it and fly it despite the above issues. In my humble opinion many of these issues could have been dealt with if you had a larger beta test team. A small group will invariably miss things. It is a product for VFR and therefore VFR landmarks should not have been missed. Why not put out a call for people who live in these areas and get them to test?

Just an idea!

John.

No matter how many items you pick up there will always be more.  Many were picked up and fixed in the beta process already.

4 hours ago, John Mac said:

Hello,

This is not a swipe at the beta test team. More may have picked even more missing items like the iconic Bridge at Arnhem. Perhaps by the time the 75th anniversary comes around next September it will have been sorted.

No that doesn't follow at all.  Often things are reported that aren't acted on for other reasons, maybe the imagery isn't there or is of poor quality, maybe there's not a suitable model available, maybe the assessment by the developer is that performance will be compromised, etc.

The trick to enjoying any scenery is to be flexible, if something's missing, sure, report it and see if it turns up in a service pack, in the meantime look the other way when flying over it or check an instrument  etc, then the remainder of the millions of scenery items will still be in front of you to enjoy.  That's what I do anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to ask if more POI would be availible on ThrueEarth Netherlands.

I have SamScene Amsterdam and I am missing Dam square in P3D and FS2

As I have read in these posts an update is on the way.

Are more Helipads included and are the ofshore windmill support island / rigs and oilrigs included?

would it be possible to produce a google maps KMZ file as has been done for ThrueEerth Washington to show what is comming.

As a side note what is the current time frame on the X-plane version.

I would like to complete the triple pack

• 2 weeks later...

Now we have waited a half year for these critical fixes!?!? :blink:

I'm really not bothered as much with the missing POI and landmarks, but the grass on runways and floating objects/buildings is really breaking this product for me. 

:(

Maybe Orbx should fix these issues before focusing on Great Britain for FS2? 

Here is some screenshots after latest update:

Noted in my first post:

"Floating buildings at Gilze-Rijen EHGR (and some other places)"

Screenshot after todays update (nothing changed - still floating buildings???):

1125605833_Udklip2.thumb.JPG.00508c32fec8cfa55ec8b0c388ed5d3a.JPG

Second post by braniff in this thread:

"I have the same thing in Hamsteede, the grass is misaligned and there are two tags one meter high..."

Screenshot after todays update (You just removed the 3d grass?):

508319464_Udklip3.thumb.JPG.507056fc1acdbdfeb33c638a4e443169.JPG

Why do I even bother.... I give up waiting over half a year for THIS!

:(

Archived