Another first impression of NL TE AFS2

andy1252

FIrst impressions here good. I like AFS2 for its smoothness and simplicity, but it feels a teensy bit lifeless to me. Netherlands TE is a gem, of course, and I will definitely be exploring this setup some more. What I'm REALLY looking forward to though is TE on X-Plane. But it is really rather wonderful to have all these choices, and particularly with ORBX involved in them all.

2Mk3zxH.jpg

WArgruA.jpg

ocRAgqV.jpg

(I've also got myself a copy of DCS world - not bothered about combat stuff, no desire to shoot stuff and make bang bang noises, but interested to see what the world looked like there - ah, so many sims, so little time)

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

FIrst impressions here good. I like AFS2 for its smoothness and simplicity, but it feels a teensy bit lifeless to me. Netherlands TE is a gem, of course, and I will definitely be exploring this setup some more. What I'm REALLY looking forward to though is TE on X-Plane. But it is really rather wonderful to have all these choices, and particularly with ORBX involved in them all.

The thing that will floor people is when they try this in VR and see that it's every bit as fast and smooth there, providing you have the horsepower!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Terrific shots Andy !! .

Thanks John, fun system, ain't it?

18 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Looks excellent Andy!  It looks so real it's amazing to me.

It is pretty impressive, Jack, and well worth a go

13 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images Andy but I really like the civilianised Corsair.:)

All of this is no good for me though as I barely get time now even for just one sim.:lol:

Hi Martyn, and yes, I only just noticed this Corsair in the sim - good, innit! As for the lack of time, get some surgery! (it worked for me <grin>)

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

The thing that will floor people is when they try this in VR and see that it's every bit as fast and smooth there, providing you have the horsepower!

I've heard that's true, HiFlyer, but probably not a route I'll go down myself. For some reason, it just doesn't appeal to me. Don't know why. Now if anybody wants to donate 3 x 60 inch 8k screens and the muscle to work them though  . . .

Archived