A bolt of lightening

shermank

I was flying N along the Lake Michigan East coastline from Chicago yesterday afternoon on the way to my home field, KUGN. the WX was stormy, and the sky pocked with lightening.

lightening.thumb.jpg.e1edb8bc64e3fb856f2bb618c288940a.jpg

Wx scenery includes AS, REX Textures Direct, plus ORBX NALC.  FLIGHT SIM IS P3D V.4.3  

NIVIDIA FTX 760, ASUS Z 87-A  MOBO WITH 16 GIGS RAM.

Sherm

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

Gee whiz! That's a frightening lighting encounter!

This was the only bolt I was quick enough to capture, though there were plenty more. In fact one Was so close it almost blocked my view out the windscreen.

i was flying the Maule standard issue from P3D. It was my first time out in this plane. I am more accustomed to the Cessna 182, as well as The DC3/C47  that has become one of the favorite freeware planes in the FS community. There Was a lot of bouncing and stability issues in wind gusts, but I made it safely back to KUGN using ILS Rwy 23 as directed by ATC. 

Sherm

Isn’t that always the case, you want the perfect lightning shot and you get lucky sometimes, you got lucky!  I’ve even tried holding down the v key for a couple of seconds to get good lightning caps only to wind up with 15 or 20 pics with no bolts in them, delete and try again! :lol:

Archived