4th of July Discount

Another suggestion.  Get an inexpensive digital clock, preferably with a date function and 24 hour clock option, and set it for UCT (aka GMT).  ORBX keys it's start/end time for sales to UCT; this way avoids confusion and miscalculation.  Besides, it's handy for other things in flight sim, like weather reports.

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Just a suggestion Gents , if you are on FaceBook follow Orbx . You will see all sales and new releases immediately .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, but FB is not really necessary.

Members who are not on Facebook and want to be informed about news and information can perform the following steps:

- Open your profile (top right: Do not click on your picture, but click on your forum nickname)

- Click on Account Settings

- Click on Notification settings

- Select your Preferences

- Press the Save button

Regards Fred

I saw the deal at work, by the time I got home it was over, I had 8 items I wanted to buy too. That is the problem with living in a different time zone I guess, not enough time for me to purchase, oh well, would have been better if it was a weekend sale, this was too short a time period.

Edit: If  it was me I would have made it a 1st of July to 4 of July Canada/USA Weekend Sale as North America includes Canada too and their Canada Day is July 1st. This North American sale was not very Canadian Friendly :lol: 

I receive notifications on my account mail.

I think everybody does...

Though I was simply checking my mail just by chance ( as I was not expecting any discount or notification) and saw the message of the 50% dicount !, of course I jumped from chair grabbed my card and bought the last region I was missing, Central Rocky Mountains  :rollmyeyes:

By the way, Costa Rica's independence day is on September 15th :D:D:D

Cheers mates

6 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

That is the problem with living in a different time zone I guess, not enough time for me to purchase, oh well, would have been better if it was a weekend sale, this was too short a time period.

Yes the time zone tends to confuse, it happened to me once, I said oh when I get home I'll shop this and that and when arrived the offer was evaporated... felt in shock!  but I learnt! Always base on Australia time. I'm planning to put an extra clock on my wall with the aussie time, and had bookmark a currancy exchange page too in my internet explorer ja!

It was indeed a short time but it was for an specific celebration, so it is fine.

By the end of the year the good guys of Orbx offer again a 50% discount so make a list and be ready! this offer lasts longer. Now I know I have to be checking my mail in the office, the ipad, the phone where ever I am.

One of my largest purchases were made while I was at a beach destination doing a site inspection, grabbed the phone selected the items, purchased and when I got back home I was delighted installing. I managed to take advantage of the discount :)

And I'm ready for December, got my wish list

Cheers

1 hour ago, carlosqr said:

Yes the time zone tends to confuse, it happened to me once, I said oh when I get home I'll shop this and that and when arrived the offer was evaporated... felt in shock!  but I learnt! Always base on Australia time. I'm planning to put an extra clock on my wall with the aussie time, and had bookmark a currancy exchange page too in my internet explorer ja!

I don't agree with you, Carlos.

The duration of the Sales are based upon UTC time and not on Oz time.

@Nick Cooper emphasized this also in post #7

Fred

13 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I don't agree with you, Carlos.

The duration of the Sales are based upon UTC time and not on Oz time.

UTC is irrelevant, it comes down to the daily pattern for where in the world you live, for example the moment I saw the sale I was at work, but I did go directly to the orbxdirect.com and logged in on my work computer and choose 8 items. I didn't purchase them at work as I opted to wait until I got home as that is better place to make the purchase then on a work PC. When I got home the sale was over. This means that in my time zone it wasn't really a good sale timeline as I was unable to make the purchases unless I did it while I was at work on a work PC, and I choose not to, so I missed the sale.

UTC is inconsequential as I am already using company time to go through and choose 8 items and I am not really going to calculate UTC time to local time but was excited to get home quickly only to find I had no chance at all......Bummer

For info

Coordinated Universal Time

Coordinated Universal Time is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude, and does not observe daylight saving time. For most purposes, UTC is considered interchangeable with Greenwich Mean Time, but GMT is no longer precisely defined by the scientific community. 

Archived