LM has released Prepa3D v4.3

robpol471

Good to hear it's finally here and from the release notes, the majority of work seems to be around VR, with some performance tweaks thrown in around the rendering engine which are long overdue. That said, I made the mistake of jumping too quickly last time when 4.2 came out and there were a few issues, so personally I'll wait a couple of weeks until vendors have released their patches for the new version :)

But there are many frustrated users on the LM forum having great trouble installing the update and getting it to work.  I don't really want to wait but I am not sure that I want to stuff up my system.

It seems Chaseplane, AS and other add-ons which need the path to the exact sim need to be quickly updated by the devs.  Guess I'll wait another 24hrs.

I did a full install this morning and as of yet have not had any issues. My UT Live is working, as is FSUIPC, FS Flight Control, PMDG 737, QW 787, just doing a full ORBX install now, before I install the 500Gb of scenery I have.

Frank

6 hours ago, tennyson said:

I did a full install this morning and as of yet have not had any issues. My UT Live is working, as is FSUIPC, FS Flight Control, PMDG 737, QW 787, just doing a full ORBX install now, before I install the 500Gb of scenery I have.

Frank

Good to hear the upgrade is going well for you Frank. Wonder if you could quickly explain how you go about re-installing the 500Gb of addons. Are they all in one location, i.e. does P3D see them in one location?

33 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Good to hear the upgrade is going well for you Frank. Wonder if you could quickly explain how you go about re-installing the 500Gb of addons. Are they all in one location, i.e. does P3D see them in one location?

This might help (If you have access to the thread) 

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

This might help (If you have access to the thread) 

Thanks Devon, Frank mentioned that he was in the process of doing a full install of orbx THEN would install his 500Gb of addons, so I’m interested in the non orbx files that would not be handled by Central 3.

1 minute ago, antonvs said:

Thanks Devon, Frank mentioned that he was in the process of doing a full install of orbx THEN would install his 500Gb of addons, so I’m interested in the non orbx files that would not be handled by Central 3.

Got it. B)  

7 hours ago, tennyson said:

Frank

Frank, do you use Flight1's GTN750 or ChasePlane?  My two most important after Orbx.  And it looks like Ben is all over that, THIS is why I love Orbx so much.

No, sorry Jack, don't use either of those. Mainly scenery and add-ons for the cockpit.

And Anton, I installed all my ORBX stuff which was 200Gb (that was downloaded via FTX Central 3)and I have a further 280Gb of scenery and add-ons that I keep on my secondary drive, in installation files. I have finished 3/4 of the process already and am yet to have a failure.

Fingers crossed!

Frank

I have been waiting for the day, when I got to re-install all my ORBX files, now that we have gone over to the NBN.

The last full install I did took me almost 5 days to complete, but this time I had all my ORBX downloaded in about 6 hours.

I was able to install half of my other software during that time as well, so if I was diligent and stuck with it, I could have the entire drive re-installed in about one day.

It might seem trivial, but when it comes to installing on my cockpit PC's, that is also a lot of time saved.

Ahhh, the beauty of modern technology!

Frank

It's the National Broadband Network that is being rolled out across the country here in Australia. It's a mix of fibre to the home, fibre to the node, wireless and satellite technology. It's also selectable in a number of speeds up to 100Mbps.

Most of us who have the NBN have opted for 50Mbps. As tennyson said, for many of us it's been a game changer.

3 minutes ago, tigermothpilot said:

It's the National Broadband Network that is being rolled out across the country here in Australia. It's a mix of fibre to the home, fibre to the node, wireless and satellite technology. It's also selectable in a number of speeds up to 100Mbps.

Most of use who have the NBN have opted for 50Mbps. As tennyson said, for many of us it's been a game changer.

Thanks!  I have AT&T fiber, I forget how fast it is but it's amazing.

I updated to 4.3 this morning (just the client update) but have jumped back to 4.2 as I was getting a repeatable CTD when flying from Coffs Harbour to Gold Coast. The crash always happened near Coffs Harbour. The 4.3 update didn't offer any noticeable improvement to me (I already had about 60FPS everywhere in Orbx land) and so downgrading was not a hard decision. Also SimpleCam was a bit jumpy with 4.3. OK now a question...

Also this morning ObjectFlow 2 was updated via FTX Central 3.

Sop now I am running Prepar3D 4.2 all is fine, Orbx Object Flow 2 thinks its loaded and running but its actually not displaying in the sim - ie I have no people flow or animated windsock at Port Macquarie (my home airport) and I assume other airports as well. 

Any advice? I have deleted the sim config file etc - It seems the sim is running ObjectFlow just fine but no actual ObjectFlow objects are displaying.

Installed P3Dv4.3 tonight (clean install after 4.2) the 2 CH53E Helicopters run initially one with sound and one with no sound then both helicopter's shut down and do not respond to Ctrl E? Had a good setup with 4.0 and 4.1 things got very buggy after that. I will be holding off for awhile which means my ORBX addon"s will get a rest until V.3 gets the issues resolved. The crash I had in V.2 is seriously making me reconsider platforms to build on. One thing for sure when ORBX has an issue it is taken care of pretty darn fast. If you have a version that is working good, keep it! Happy Flying! 

Archived