Getting the look I want from P3D v4

shermank

HI all,

I have had P3D for almost two weeks and after some initial shakeouts,  I am very happy with its performance and look. I was trying to get the depth of color I had with SweetFX in my FSX setup. I got that, and maybe more with the purchase of Matt Davis' PTA program and some presents from REX. Here is a shot  that displays what I mean. I am particularly impressed by the ability of P3D to show landscape in the distance with a blueish haze, something I do not think I got in FSX. Anyway, the  shot is leaving KTVL in early morning. The second is my approach to KCVG yesterday afternoon. Since the forum limits size of photos, I will post another in a subsequent upload

My rig basically is an Asus Z97-A mobo with 8 gigs ram, and Nividia 760GTX. I have fps set at unlimited, and have sliders either midway or far right. As for much of the scenery, it is according to ORBX recommendations that has not diminished performance, even when fps slips into low teens with complex scenery.

Sherm

1176469073_tahoesmaller.thumb.jpg.a16ef1c98915ec6bae72ce129601df59.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Dang, when I click on the link I get this:

lKP5JAY.png

Sorry about the early snafus....tried to get too much photo content in one post...converted to jpg...much better....and I hope this works...:-)

Sherm

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

Sorry about the early snafus....tried to get too much photo content in one post...converted to jpg...much better....and I hope this works...:-)

Sherm

Thanks Sherm but I think it's my browser with Orbx, I get this even when I try to download a simple file someone PM's me.  I'm using Safari on an iMac. :wacko:

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Sherm but I think it's my browser with Orbx, I get this even when I try to download a simple file someone PM's me.  I'm using Safari on an iMac. :wacko:

Hi Jack...finally got the post right...no need to DL

sherm

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Welcome to the P3D club Sherm , Orbx team member Adam has a nice preset you might want to check out : http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

Cheers

John

Unfortunately, the link to Adam's DLs is not working for me....I get this message

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=Adam_PTA_261_03.zip

1 hour ago, shermank said:

Unfortunately, the link to Adam's DLs is not working for me....I get this message

http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dload&fname=Adam_PTA_261_03.zip

Arrrgh! Let me go see what the problem is!!!

Adam.

EDIT: Now fixed. Sorry about that!!! I moved the files to a new subsection and forgot to recode the downloads code!!!

1 minute ago, shermank said:

As you were typing, I was downloading....now installed....will boot up P3D and send back a screenshot. Thanks, Adam....much appreciation....

Great! I'm off now - but let me know how you get on and I'll check this topic tomorrow!

Looks great Sherman!

P3D V4 is pretty awesome I must say, I didn’t think it would be a huge change from FSX DX10, but boy was I wrong,

I’m really glad I made the move and Im sure you will be too.

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Looks great Sherman!

P3D V4 is pretty awesome I must say, I didn’t think it would be a huge change from FSX DX10, but boy was I wrong,

I’m really glad I made the move and Im sure you will be too.

Cheers!

Like you, I do not regret the change. I am still on the learning curve, getting used to the lengthy terrain load time, etc. And, I have one problem to solve...ATC window opens but it is virtually dead...cannot make contact...no response when I click on ATC or ATIS with either mouse cursor or press a key number. This evidently is a fairly common problem. I am still working out the solution as I search online for the answer.

Sherm

For that bluer lighting in the distance, have you ticked the 'Particle' (or similar name) check box? I think you need to re-start P3D after applying it. 

Yes, the ATC is a known problem over at P3D. They say it will be fixed in the next hot fix. People are trying all different tricks like not selecting ATC until you have power applied, or clicking onto the window with your mouse before using the 1,2,3,4 etc. Latest one I have seen is saving your Default Scenario with a default P3D aircraft and selecting your preferred aircraft after the options screen pops up.

2 hours ago, shermank said:

Like you, I do not regret the change. I am still on the learning curve, getting used to the lengthy terrain load time, etc. And, I have one problem to solve...ATC window opens but it is virtually dead...cannot make contact...no response when I click on ATC or ATIS with either mouse cursor or press a key number. This evidently is a fairly common problem. I am still working out the solution as I search online for the answer.

Sherm

I too have enjoyed the switch to P3D v4.2 a few months ago. I used to have the problem with ATC but now never, I found starting ATC with the sim paused caused the problem.

Archived