Exploring USA V

jotaedo

a couple of days ago I purchased the GTN 750... I'm way more glad than I expected, flying IFR has become incredibly easy and fun, I'm really enjoying this piece of software since i also flew G1000 in real life so lot of memories and procedures come to mind

let's get started this is the last part of this chapter (don't worry more to come soon) the trip was planed from Tahoe to Orcas, last time we left the trusty Seminole in Concrete, now taking it for Skagit

since last time we landed almost at twilight we spend the night in a hotel and departed early in the morning
DkhkGmg.jpg
climbout on rwy hdg
VNDKFbI.jpg
Cruise shots
mxiIeAP.jpg
follow the Skagit River
EWR8Qdy.jpg
enjoying look like real RNAV
9NkieYd.jpg
high and dry! I think I spend too much time looking at the MFD rather tan be pending of the actual landing
HepOzAU.jpg
Parked... next destination? Anacortes! 74S

Looks nice even turned off
VQ5m866.jpg
over the depots, its a really short trip didn´t even turn off the landing lights
jWYtKaW.jpg
Crossing over for a right-hand traffic pattern
jSwY3BK.jpg
no pics of landing since I overshot and was more busy landing the thing (more busy as a pilot that as screenshoooter)
but made it.. really
here on taxi
C5LPfXJ.jpg
full throttle before release brakes, static take off
w5QyXs2.jpg
and airborne!
vSdOIdh.jpg
the readme says something about a small airstrip near here
SFzUBu1.jpg
there it is, the readme was right :D
SNnZp4l.jpg
venwqkx.jpg
TGL!
Ql2dUS0.jpg
climbing away feels like a carrier 
cruising, love how the ORBX products work together this is GLOBAL+VECTOR+OLC NA+PNW
fQnvXg9.jpg
next place: 7WA3 hard to find, hard to land. it was not founded in the GTN database, so have to create it...
low and slow looking for it
efVVCJS.jpg
someplace down there
7HpQ56N.jpg
there it is! Gear down, mix rich, prop ahead, full flaps carb heat off checklist completed
C4p8EC5.jpg
the third attempt made it... mean to be able to stop within the rwy limits
JfEetcO.jpg

Leaving the area, headed for Orcas
rHeGnWY.jpg
love the rnav app!
gpoYrwW.jpg
missed approach for a low pass
eelovtG.jpg
and landed and parked, aircraft secured
gty69Ar.jpg

So... has been quite a journey since the first post in the Tahoe area I will think in more narrative for future screens, but for sure will be on ORBX scene and GA aircrafts thanks to all who followed the series
GWQhdJf.jpg

Spot on beautiful!  And that GTN750, I won't fly any plane without it except for the FMC heavies.  If I had a real plane I'd buy one, they're only $15,000.  Well worth it and with my real world avionics background I can tell you this is one fine piece of hardware.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:33 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Fantastic flying tale to end this trip, and start another one. This is what aviation is all about! Just make sure not to clip any roofs with your seminole like some pilot in Florida recently did!

well, aviation is very much about making the world a smaller place and that implies be moving from one place to another, fully agree, about the roof it reminds me a LARGE tree jus on final of the airfield i learned to fly... pretty sure i touch it more than once when i was exploring the mysterious PA38

On 6/13/2018 at 10:36 AM, BradB said:

Stupendous set of shots mate !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks! be sure to check my other posts!

On 6/13/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Spot on beautiful!  And that GTN750, I won't fly any plane without it except for the FMC heavies.  If I had a real plane I'd buy one, they're only $15,000.  Well worth it and with my real world avionics background I can tell you this is one fine piece of hardware.

its actually great and i enjoy it a lot, however, has a huge downgrade, not upgradable database... but i agree a really great piece of avionics... very little, if anything, to envy to the heavies when it came down to capabilities and flight management

On 6/13/2018 at 2:20 PM, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iaian, you have been  on all my posts

On 6/14/2018 at 3:25 PM, Almedin said:

Great shots so realistic!

Cheers,

Almedin

Thanks! i do my best m8!

On 6/14/2018 at 9:16 AM, jean marc said:

great tour ... don't miss to look the orcas loacted after the end of the runway ... of course in the water :rolleyes: 

thanks... I noted the Orcas near of the both RWY THR I guess that the origin of the name of the island right?

On 6/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ziggy said:

Great set!

Some very interesting moments, but I guess that’s why we love to do what we do in this hobby, in sim and RL. :)

well i enjoy making narration of what i most love to do flying, even in the sim

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A very immersive flight, thanks for taking us along.

immersive are great words for a simmer, thank u all of you to come along with me

you are all invited to the next post... a bit wet perhaps... CLICK HERE

Archived