Any one else had the same.

Dadtom65

Hi. Have noticed just recently that whenever I submit a reply to a topic it takes ages to save it. This is on my Ipad and in the end I have to come out of Orbx and then go back in and the post is there. Have waited for at least a minute or less. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything.Derek.

Yes, here as well. I discovered it yesterday already.

A walk around is press the 'Back' button  in your browser (Chrome for me) after 'Submit Reply' (Saving) and then return to your answer....and then it is saved.

Regards Fred

Hi Sundancer. So you have had the same problem, is this on your IPad or comp. Mines on my IPad. Thought there was some thing going on with the IPad. Just have to wait and see if anyone else has had the same problem. Mean it’s no big deal just annoying. Derek.

20 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Sundancer. So you have had the same problem, is this on your IPad or comp. Mines on my IPad. Thought there was some thing going on with the IPad. Just have to wait and see if anyone else has had the same problem. Mean it’s no big deal just annoying. Derek.

Computer.

(Now it seems to be OK)

I noticed the same since yesterday.  There was also a period last night when the forum seemed to be totally down.  That was late last night for around an hour that I couldn't reach the site.

Edit:  Ironically this post saved immediately :lol:

4 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

I noticed the same since yesterday.  There was also a period last night when the forum seemed to be totally down.  That was late last night for around an hour that I couldn't reach the site.

Edit:  Ironically this post saved immediately :lol:

Yes, you are right...site was down with a strange message (never seen that before)....can't remember :(

-Fred-

Same here. This morning it was even stranger: I was editing a reply and suddenly the screen froze. Nothing I could do anymore. After a long time I got the message there was a connection problem. After a while I refreshed the page and noticed my yet unfinished post was actually posted! Luckily I could still edit it to finish it. This was on my iMac. I also had slow access on my Windows 10 PC.

I actually thought it might just be me.  I'm having a really strange issue with my internet tonight.  I was downloading a DCS World update at about 1.8 MB/s and then suddenly it was crawling at about 25 Kb/s.  I have been stuck at around that speed for a few hours now.  It's the slowest it has ever been since I got this connection years ago.  It's the actual connection too, not just the updater.  Even searching for something in the browser is painfully slow.

I was having this problem too.  It takes a while to save and then I get told to go to status.orbxsystems.com (which says everything is operational).  Then I click my browser's back button to go back to the forum and there are two identical posts.  The "two identical post thing" is probably not just me as I see 3 of them here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/154798-advice-before-purchase/?tab=comments#comment-1363574

(posts #5, #6, and #7 in the above link)

I think there may be a bigger issue, maybe Telstra again who own the infrastructure here in OZ, who knows. Three of us on-line tonight on a Vatpac flight had some connectivity troubles. This just normal computer gremlins and will probably all be back to normal tomorrow.....I hope.

10 hours ago, jsapair said:

My only problem is cockpit trouble related. I post a reply, or a question, go on my merry way, and a day or two later I can't remember where the heck I posted it.

At the top of the site hover your mouse over 'Activity', then click on 'My activity streams' and then on 'Content I posted in' (or 'Content I started' for your own topics) and you will see every topic you posted in (or started). If a topic is shown in bold it means it has new content since the last time you read it: click on the little star that's in front of the topic title and you will be directed to the first unread post in that topic.

Archived