Not enough space?

Ron Attwood

In the settings page of the latest FTX Central 3.3.0.2 there's a Temp Download Location.  You can set a path to a drive with enough space,.  Sounds like it's your C:\ Drive that doesn't have enough space, it's the default setting.

Possibly because Windows reserves space on drives for Paging files, Virtual memory etc? 

I think that it is becoming necessary for flightsimmers to invest in extra drive space to get around problems like this that have no rational explanation.

I'll bet it's a Windows thing and outside the control of the Orbx devs, but, you never know, they might find a solution.

3 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Possibly because Windows reserves space on drives for Paging files, Virtual memory etc? 

I think that it is becoming necessary for flightsimmers to invest in extra drive space to get around problems like this that have no rational explanation.

I'll bet it's a Windows thing and outside the control of the Orbx devs, but, you never know, they might find a solution.

@John Dow

You nailed it John.;)

For practical purposes, even if the Temp folder is on a drive other than C :, however, the C: drive must reserve space at least equivalent to twice the size of the downloaded file.
If the Temp folder is on the C: drive, in practical terms, the size of the buffer should be at least equivalent to 3 times the size of the downloaded file.:)

For me, the error message is clearly stating that there is not enough space

on the simulator drive.

The reason for this is that FTX Central seems to have read that there is a minus figure.

In any event, it is not the system drive and is therefore not troubled by system files, visible or otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

For me, the error message is clearly stating that there is not enough space

on the simulator drive.

The reason for this is that FTX Central seems to have read that there is a minus figure.

In any event, it is not the system drive and is therefore not troubled by system files, visible or otherwise.

Oh @Nick Cooper , I'm sorry ...:)
In case and in any other case, Windows System see processes demanding its attention, be it FTXCentral, P3D, Google etc.
But ... I may be wrong, it's been some time since I've been swimming in these waters ...B)

Hello Ron,

you should find C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.5.7

and if you start FTX Central using the FTXCentral.exe file in there, you will have

version 3.2.5.7.

I am not sure how much space is required for the extracting and installation process

though, for me, a download is over 5 hours and I wouldn't want you to wait for that

and then not have it succeed.

Have you considered a manual download?

Hi, just charing my installation process here:

1. I made a manual download - Got a zipfile 75,7 gb "_fulOrbxTrueEarthNetherlandsHD100.zip".

2. Started the installation with the option "I have a manual downloaded zip file".

3. The installation unzipped this file into a bunch of folders onto a temp folder (another 75 gb). 

4. Then the installation wanted to download the files ones more from Orbx!?

- I stopped that installation. Started again but chose "I already have a backup" and pointed to the already unzipped folder.

5. After 10-15 minutes with status "Scanning" the "Extracting" process started where the installation generated another map with files (another 75 gb - that is now 227,1 gb of diskspace)!

6. Status: "Installing". Everythings been installed now to the P3D folder. After that the temp files from the map with files was deleted.

But for me with the manual downloaded file it required almost 300 gb to install the package :) (and now I wanna fly!)

Regards

Thomas

Archived