A close look at ORBX Barton (Manchester City)

jaydor

This is the first UK airport to be released in the new ORBX X-Plane 11 range of scenery titles.  It has long been wanted that a major FSX player turned it's eye towards X-Plane, as most FSX simmers have been graduating to XP rather than upgrading to P3D, as it was the first to offer a 64bit system.  I realize that most ORBX forum members are with P3D, but that does not stop you from having a look see at XP.  

I went the XP route instead of P3D and have not looked back.  So I along with most of the XP community are pleased that ORBX have decided to produce items for XP community also.  

So without further lets have a close look at ORBX latest UK offering Barton EGCB.

oV7hKJu.png

Barton EGCB also known as Manchester city Airport is a grass GA aerodrome along with Manchester Heliport.

My aircraft today has been relocated to Barton from Cardiff.  We pick up G-ZIVA on the grass parking area near the tower.

4cYCf8m.png

G-ZIVA is a type Cessna 172 in blue and white with checked ribbon adornments.  

After final checks and clearence for touch and go circuits, we take off from 26L 

9EjNPdL.png

l5IzrwQ.png

YqBvM7d.png

nREuoqz.png

PfwaLM9.png

BifXfZm.png

UzusEIe.png

nhysXkE.png

Now we will have a close look at the surrounding scenery that comes with Barton:

Manchester City Heliport:

yYL7PUM.png

5ZncF8c.png

The Manchester Ski Center:

CUBu6Bm.png

The Bell Stadium:

V5bPAou.png

Makro:

oDbzVoR.png

Remember in X-Plane if you are out and about on the main roads.  Keep a check on your speed as The Police are very active on the highways.

docIAiu.png

Now we will have a look at approach to runway 02 at different lighting levels:

Bright Day:

BuYw3TE.png

Overcast:

qFBg2Qn.png

Dusk:

XVYy8Nc.png

ORBX have made a brilliant debut in the European arena and Barton has excelled in being a First Class rendition of a UK airport.

Barton has been a good choice to start off for the XP community.  Well done and thank you ORBX...

Very interesting insight in your route towards X-Plane. The last PC Pilot magazine tested the fltsim actually available and it was surprising to see that all six cores on the newest CPUs available on the market were equally used, which meant that high FPS were really easy to achieve and that there was place for some more complex scenery or aircraft when comes the time.

I like your images that compare the tones of light according to the time of day, this is really a beautiful transition and quite realistic.

As for the forum that is mostly used by P3D, well it's a free world and nobody who likes flight simulation will be against anything that brings superb results. What people are against is when someone says "my sim is better than yours". Everyone makes his own choice and lives with the plus and minus that goes with it.

Great set of shots Jaydor!

These look so good I'm almost ready to buy it now.  But on this PC no more room, and what room I have is being held for the 77GB behemoth Netherlands.  But I will be buying it soon as well as what Orbx has on offer for it.  Another learning curve though.

Archived