My FTX Open LC NA does not look like the Screenshots I was promised.

I installed the Open LC NA today, and my sim looks no different, I also did a complete reinstall of all FTX products... If needed I will post screenshots, logs, or sim/scenery list. 

I'm not hating on you guys, and the work you do is incredible, its just that, if I pay $50 for something, it better be useful to me, and I better get something out of it...

-Joe Speed

Hi Joe Speed

I'm a regular Orbx user not an Orbx authority. I guess your sim might be looking different, (I suspect) because  you might have cuased a mess. You said you installed the LC NA and then reinstalled all FTX Products..

The installation as far as I know requires an order. The Global Base Base pack, the libraries and the vector and then anything esle (if I'm not wrong)

Remember that the Global Base pack does a back up of the original textures, so if you installed the LC NA first and then the Global Base pack you might have caused a mess.

I would uninstall all, and would install in that order, first the Global Base pack, then the libraries, then the vector and then all the rest of files

If you prefer to way for an approval to this from Orbx authority it is fine, but I think this could be what happened

Good luck

6 minutes ago, hkterry said:

Please see the bottom of this web page

https://orbxdirect.com/product/openlc-na  

Prerequisite Products

You require at leaset one of the following products to use FTX Global openLC North America

* FTX Global Base Pack

I already have that, yes, 

3 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hi Joe Speed

I'm a regular Orbx user not an Orbx authority. I guess your sim might be looking different, (I suspect) because when you might have cuased a mess. You said you installed the LC NA and then reinstalled all FTX Products..

The installation as far as I know requires and order. The Global Base Base pack, the libraries and the vector and then anything esle (if I'm not wrong)

Remember that the Global Base pack does a back up of the original textures, so if you installed the LC NA first and then the Global Base pack you might have caused a mess.

I would uninstall all, and would install in that order, first the Global Base pack, then the libraries, then the vector and then all the rest of files

If you prefer to way for an approval to this from Orbx authority it is fine, but I think this could be what happened

Good luck

I also installed starting with Global Base, Then Vector, Then LC NA.

Ok let's get this straight

You said you installed today the LC NA... Did you already had installed the Global Base pack and others?

Then why you said: I also did a complete reinstall of all FTX products ?

At what stage you did this reinstall? and why if you already had them istalled?

You might have done something wrong. I do recomend you to reinstall in the correct order to see if it gets fix. It is something you can do without the help of the experts, and if it doesn't get fixed then reach out again. But maybe by replying the questions above could help identify clearly the cause of your textures mess

Cheers

Hi Joe

Please post up some screenshots with Coordinates from the Shift+Z keys from a location outside of your installed demo regions....then uncheck/deactivate OpenLCNA in your scenery library and check the difference in the exact same location.

Cheers

Doug

4 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Joe

Please post up some screenshots with Coordinates from the Shift+Z keys from a location outside of your installed demo regions....then uncheck/deactivate OpenLCNA in your scenery library and check the difference in the exact same location.

Cheers

Doug

I will do just that, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers

I uploaded all of the images in this imgur album, with descriptions on what is missing from each, compared to Google Earth photos, also taken right before posting this. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/8tAmK

Here are all of the images, listed close to each other to maintain consistency. Hope this helps. Airport codes are 7PS4 (Sky Classics, Grantville PA) KMUI (Muir Airfield, Fort Indiantown Gap PA) This should make it clear what is not working, and what I would like fixed. From the google earth comparisons, you can tell there needs to be more farmland implemented in my local area. It's very lackluster compared to your proposed demo screenshots on the orbx website.

This is what it should look like, IMHO. 

57b1e659afd38-400x225.jpg

-Joe

Just now, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks

We will have a closer look as well, but OpenLC does not provide roads....that is what Vector is for.  :)

Thank you, I had that installed, but I don't know what could've made it malfunction and skip the road. I will check the order of installed scenery in the library. But, until tomorrow. Have a good night all. 

Sounds good, thanks

Also make sure your insertion points are set correct as per the below instructions.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Also, feel free to attach a copy of your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg file, and we can advise.

Cheers

Doug

25 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Sounds good, thanks

Also make sure your insertion points are set correct as per the below instructions.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Also, feel free to attach a copy of your C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg file, and we can advise.

Cheers

Doug

I will do all the above as soon as I have time tomorrow after work. Thanks for all the support so far. You guys rock.

20 minutes ago, joespeed52 said:

I have configured it both in the FTX Central app, and in my scenery list in FSX itself. Attached is my scenery.cfg from Roaming/Microsoft/FSX

scenery.cfg

Joe,  You have attached the default scenery.cfg.  You should attach this one:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

Hello,

there is no need to quote the answer above yours.

Your scenery library does not have any areas missing but it has evidence that FTX Central has not been used to configure it.

More to the point, there is no entry for the Orbx libraries, without which the scenery will not work.

Hello,

I have no idea how it has not been configured.

You can reinstall the libraries like this:

1. If FTX Central v3 does not automatically update the libraries, you can go to

ORBX\User Documents\Versions\ and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT .

Run FTX Central again and only the files that you need will be downloaded and installed.

and configure the scenery like this

Untitled.jpg

Everything worked out. roads are there now, and it looks purrrdy!

Thanks for all your help, all of you. The FS community is one in a million, and there is so much positive support.

Thanks again,

-Joe

(You can now close the topic.)

Archived