I guess that we are all antiques

I was online trying to locate Sectionals from the late 50's and early 60's and learned they are only available as antiques and are priced as such.

I slowly dawned on me that if the charts that I used to use are antiques then I must be one too.  :huh::( 

Dale

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Reminds me of the various medical ports that are part of this age too. You may be more accurate than you intend, jaje. ;)

Touche, Rodger - IRL, I'm about to start on kidney dialysis - an "interesting" development, but it's better than the alternative :rolleyes:

22 hours ago, jaje said:

Touche, Rodger - IRL, I'm about to start on kidney dialysis - an "interesting" development, but it's better than the alternative :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the dialysis. jaje. That's no joke. Wishing you an easy set-up and routine procedures from then on. :(

Jaje:  I hope the dialysis goes well.  I agree with Rodger, it is no joke.

But although Australia never had the elaborate US sectionals, the publications have changed greatly, rendering them and us antiques  if we are looking for the old versions. I flew for a year in the States and never quite adjusted to the detail on the sectionals...preferred the instrument charts.

Sometimes I feel like a time traveler, flying west against an ever increasing headwind, as my parts keep failing and falling off, as I make my last flight towards the sunset.

I no longer have my co-pilot so I occasionally curse loneliness and the headwinds, but then I remember that I am really in no hurry to get to where I am headed for I know without a doubt, that she will be waiting at the hangar door for my arrival, regardless of how long this final leg takes.

Dale

Dale, on my first cross country nav back in the early '60s, I showed my sectional chart all wrapped in plastic, to my instructor. "Nice." he said before throwing it in the back seat and pulling out a road map.

18 hours ago, Mike G C said:

Dale, on my first cross country nav back in the early '60s, I showed my sectional chart all wrapped in plastic, to my instructor. "Nice." he said before throwing it in the back seat and pulling out a road map.

IFR all the way but only between cities.  

Dale

Archived