Vienna to Copenhagen

Jack Sawyer

So yesterday I struggled with the A320 tutorial and made "a" flight to Copenhagen.  

I learned a lot of things, I know basically nothing about non-Boeing airliners.

On approach, either I didn't have the throttles in the proper detent or spiky throttles, I had to do a go-around.

Then I ran out of gas and landed on a road, not shown.

But it was interesting and I have a lot more to learn.  Still, a wonderful plane and I've never been to Copenhagen in the sim, this is Orbx's Europe LC and Global and everything else they make so I was quite pleased with the scenery.

xvuUWOY.jpg

2n6BTTi.jpg

YYyZvEo.jpg

JyRQGUT.jpg

H3TQg7l.jpg

IIuco2Q.jpg

wakaC3n.jpg

nHOKDdl.jpg

cGWgkbo.jpg

NY3EDRP.jpg

HBQ5HmN.jpg

A4uxKn2.jpg

9U1M6KN.jpg

5UfiwNG.jpg

wBdVLWS.jpg

DDDgfRf.jpg

cAQKeFH.jpg

iv4RWVe.jpg

hIEEpuQ.jpg

YqSrEGs.jpg

3U3aXxR.jpg

WB53MgR.jpg

Negkbey.jpg

DtlCE3q.jpg

Rhk0zdP.jpg

ssKrAeh.jpg

JcJXhzf.jpg

A6ZtdIT.jpg

WGwCVZI.jpg

fYuLNLw.jpg

Good to see you turning away from the dangerous effects from time to time, learning these complex planes is a nice challenge in my eyes. In addition, you chose a nice routing, though approaching CPH can be a bit confusing. 

Two things regarding the Oresund bridge: 

- You should deactivate some levels of bridges in your Vector configurator, at least the "highway bridges". This should get the lower bridge out of your last shot.

- Then you should consider the freeware bridge http://fsdg-online.com/free-stuff/30-oresund.html . I am sure people who like bridges like this one, too.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Then I ran out of gas and landed on a road

Only one comment possible...

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Good to see you turning away from the dangerous effects from time to time, learning these complex planes is a nice challenge in my eyes. In addition, you chose a nice routing, though approaching CPH can be a bit confusing. 

Two things regarding the Oresund bridge: 

- You should deactivate some levels of bridges in your Vector configurator, at least the "highway bridges". This should get the lower bridge out of your last shot.

- Then you should consider the freeware bridge http://fsdg-online.com/free-stuff/30-oresund.html . I am sure people who like bridges like this one, too.

Only one comment possible...

Thanks Gerold, I've been meaning to do some "serious" flight for a while, but I get sidetracked by "challenges" :lol:  But I love it.  

Yes, it was very confusing, I tried to go around and would have made it too.

Can you tell me exactly what all the boxes need to be unticked in Vector?  

Do I need to keep then unticked all the time or only for this area?

Never having been there I would have never known about the bridge issue, thanks for the pro tip!

I'll look at that freeware bridge right now, but if it's too confusing to install I may not do it.

And yes, I hit the road, it was a good landing but I was on less than fumes, my engines actually shut down!

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Can you tell me exactly what all the boxes need to be unticked in Vector?  

Do I need to keep then unticked all the time or only for this area?

Unbenannt.jpg

As you see I have them currently active, but would recommend to try the first two levels off (everywhere).

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Great flight Jack! I admire your learning a new complex airplane! :)

Thanks Paul.  It's what I really like to do, but sometimes I see some bridges and ask myself, "I wonder...?"

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I got the file Gerold, it's an exe, I'm always a little wary of exe's.  And it's just a bridge?  One very nice bridge I never knew existed until I did this flight.  I haven't installed it yet because I don't know if I can uninstall it.  But I did untick the two in Vector as you suggested.

Jack, exciting set of shots of you learning this aircraft. So exciting in fact, that in several of those shots it looks like you are being shot at with AAA...I mean, are those small white puffs in the air clouds? Or, are they flak bursts because the authorities below suspected that there was a potential risk of exposure to many of their citizens to the Sawyer Effect. One has to wonder....:D

Just now, Sniper31 said:

Jack, exciting set of shots of you learning this aircraft. So exciting in fact, that in several of those shots it looks like you are being shot at with AAA...I mean, are those small white puffs in the air clouds? Or, are they flak bursts because the authorities below suspected that there was a potential risk of exposure to many of their citizens to the Sawyer Effect. One has to wonder....:D

:lol: Thanks Landon!  That was the tutorial, no weather engine so it was just default, not even Orbx weather.  Next time I'm gonna have an Orbx weather theme.  My tired old PC might not handle AS4 with this plane, not sure.  

I thought the same thing too, but not flak, they were congratulating me on my amazing feats of derring do and sent up cotton candy! :D

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought the same thing too, but not flak, they were congratulating me on my amazing feats of derring do and sent up cotton candy! :D

Haha..:D...okay Jack, I'll let you have that one...B)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful series of images Jack and it would have been interesting to have seen some of your road trip.

Well done for learning such a complex aircraft, I find it hard to master the dishwasher!:wacko:

:lol:  The dishwasher!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks Martyn, it was ugly, I literally ran out of gas, dead sticked it onto a road away from the airport.  It's one of the best planes I have, very sophisticated and I have a lot to learn but it's really worth it.  I like to goof off but I'm really spending a lot of time learning these planes.

Oh, and trying to make a comic, darn it, the ones I'm working on now for Sammy are really wracking my brains, both cells.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

One very nice bridge I never knew existed until I did this flight.  I haven't installed it yet because I don't know if I can uninstall it.

As a first trial I would suggest to install it into an empty fake folder. Then you´ll see what´s installed...

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I find it hard to master the dishwasher!

I´ll call myself a hero, I have just prepared it! Only the two glasses of red wine need to be finished & carefully placed before take-off. 2012 Indio Montepulciano d´Abruzzo, btw.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  The dishwasher!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thanks Martyn, it was ugly, I literally ran out of gas, dead sticked it onto a road away from the airport.  It's one of the best planes I have, very sophisticated and I have a lot to learn but it's really worth it.  I like to goof off but I'm really spending a lot of time learning these planes.

Oh, and trying to make a comic, darn it, the ones I'm working on now for Sammy are really wracking my brains, both cells.

It sound like you are having a ball Jack, I can learn things today but I would have forgotten them by tomorrow.

Mind you there are some things I never forget.;)

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

It sound like you are having a ball Jack, I can learn things today but I would have forgotten them by tomorrow.

Mind you there are some things I never forget.;)

I did Martyn, and I'm the same way.  I'm always making notes and reminders, I'd forget my name if my wife wasn't always yelling at me! :D  

Archived