NZQN to NZGY Glenorchy

Jack Sawyer

Nice shots again Jack. A quiet little town with not much there. An hours drive from Qtown.  A few holiday homes, camping ground, a couple of shops and that’s about it.  What it does have is magnificent scenery.  It’s a lot more spectacular than the scenery depicts. It’s at the head of Lake Wakatipu.  It has a wharf where an old steamer from Qtown called TSS Earnslaw, which is getting close to 100yrs old, still ties up at.  Usually dropping tourists off.  

It it also has a very exclusive accomodation for the very wealthy.  See your photo 25.  It’s shown off the left wing. Probably an average salary per night.  

Bruce R

Outstanding series from your flight Jack.

I like the livery in the Beech too, I like these older liveries.

A very nice flight from Queenstown with a scenic airport at the end.

38 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

Nice shots again Jack. A quiet little town with not much there. An hours drive from Qtown.  A few holiday homes, camping ground, a couple of shops and that’s about it.  What it does have is magnificent scenery.  It’s a lot more spectacular than the scenery depicts. It’s at the head of Lake Wakatipu.  It has a wharf where an old steamer from Qtown called TSS Earnslaw, which is getting close to 100yrs old, still ties up at.  Usually dropping tourists off.  

It it also has a very exclusive accomodation for the very wealthy.  See your photo 25.  It’s shown off the left wing. Probably an average salary per night.  

Bruce R

Wonderful local info Bruce, plenty of great info.:)

51 minutes ago, Bruce R said:

Bruce R

Wonderful Bruce, imagine living like that?  It would be nice.  Thanks for all the great local information, makes me almost feel like I'm there!

38 minutes ago, BradB said:

Wow - Outstanding shots from the SI Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, more to come, I think I'll be staying in both NI & SI for a while as the terrain is so varied and really beautiful.

29 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Another great series Jack. Just several really good shots in this series. One can tell how much you are soaking in the NZ scenery. Very nice.

Thanks Landon!  I really am, it's such a pleasure to fly around Orbx's NZ and feel suspension of disbelief and feel like I'm there, what a cool hobby.

12 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Outstanding series from your flight Jack.

I like the livery in the Beech too, I like these older liveries.

A very nice flight from Queenstown with a scenic airport at the end.

Wonderful local info Bruce, plenty of great info.:)

Thanks Martyn!  Jankees provided the livery, I have several A2A planes reskinned in Kiwi Regis so it'll be fun flying around these islands for a while.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Grandiose set there Jack! :)

Thanks Adam!

4 hours ago, jankees said:

Nice shots, and good to see your enjoying the paints

Thank you jan, and I appreciate them, nice work.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Super shots Jack! I like the livery on your Staggerwing ;).

New Zealand is one of my favourite regions to fly around. As you say, it's quite beautiful.

Thanks Paul, this is a beautiful Orbx region, it's got everything, mountains and valleys, the ocean for seaplanes, and lots of lush forests.  Quite nice!

Archived