Look what I found in FTX ENG

Jon Clarke

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

That would have looked nice if it was near the old airship hangers, forgotten where they are now. Have been in them years ago when I was with 71 Maintenance Unit RAF. They are huge. Derek.

I thought you meant these hangars at RAF Cardington, now known as Cardington Studios.

Located just outside Bedford and about 10 miles NW of RAF Henlow (EGWE).

25577-89191.jpg

However, re-reading your post - 71 Maintenance Unit RAF was based at RAF Bicester and the pic below shows that they are indeed large. Just not as large as Cardington!  :-) 

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Yep that was the name I was looking for , thanks and no I didn’t mean 71 MU was based there just that we visited there either to pick up an aircraft or drop one off. Think it was when we were going round picking up the aircraft for the film Battle of Britain. Derek.

I do recall I had downloaded and installed a GoodYear blimp freeware addon quite a while ago, but it was clearly marked with the GoodYear logo. I have checked my simobjects and don't see this airship anywhere in the folders, so i am at a loss as to where it came from.

My pics show the coordinates so maybe someone would like to see if they can spot it on their sim. Summer late dusk was the time.

I suspect aliens but I could be wrong:D

Archived