I'll bet they were surprised

shermank

Thanks, Jack. FWIW, I do not have the A2a Connie which probably is more complicated than I can handle. I did buy the Flight1 version. But, honestly, I fly the old Manfred Jahn Connie more often, which was designed for FS9. Aside from a transparent cockpit floorboard, it really works well in FSX. Like the aircraft, I am a bit of a dinosaur myself....:-)

Sherm

2 minutes ago, shermank said:

Thanks, Jack. FWIW, I do not have the A2a Connie which probably is more complicated than I can handle. I did buy the Flight1 version. But, honestly, I fly the old Manfred Jahn Connie more often, which was designed for FS9. Aside from a transparent cockpit floorboard, it really works well in FSX. Like the aircraft, I am a bit of a dinosaur myself....:-)

Sherm

I thought it was A2A's.  It's not too bad, you can have the other guys manage everything in the cockpit like a real crew would.  But having a transparent floorboard would make for some interesting seeing down below.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I thought it was A2A's.  It's not too bad, you can have the other guys manage everything in the cockpit like a real crew would.  But having a transparent floorboard would make for some interesting seeing down below.

I'm too busy keeping the plane going where I want it to go to do much sightseeing through the floor...:-). The AP is a little dicey, but it does more or less work. It took me several flights simply to take off without crashing. You really cannot pitch much more than 300 fpm until the ship gains some altitude and speed. After that, its all about avoiding AP drift and setting a decent cruise speed. Landing, for me at least, is much easier than the TO.

Just now, shermank said:

I'm too busy keeping the plane going where I want it to go to do much sightseeing through the floor...:-). The AP is a little dicey, but it does more or less work. It took me several flights simply to take off without crashing. You really cannot pitch much more than 300 fpm until the ship gains some altitude and speed. After that, its all about avoiding AP drift and setting a decent cruise speed. Landing, for me at least, is much easier than the TO.

Sounds like the A2A version too.  It can be a handful, she's sluggish because of her size but flys nicely at altitude.  But it was a beautiful plane.  My 86 year old uncle flew on several, he loved them.  I've never even seen one in real life.

What a great RL shot... already waiting for a post with "RL-sim-comparison".

You want to rebuilt these old birds, @Jack Sawyer ? Join the crowd here https://www.superconstellation.org/index.php/de/ and see what happens if successful here

https://www.breitling.com/de/airtime/breitling-super-constellation/ .

13 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

What a great RL shot... already waiting for a post with "RL-sim-comparison".

You want to rebuilt these old birds, @Jack Sawyer ? Join the crowd here https://www.superconstellation.org/index.php/de/ and see what happens if successful here

https://www.breitling.com/de/airtime/breitling-super-constellation/ .

I'd love it Gerold but unfortunately I'm not allowed to lift anything more than 13 kilos or 30 pounds.  :unsure:

Wonderful image and doesn't that Constellation look so beautiful sat on the ramp.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sounds like the A2A version too.  It can be a handful, she's sluggish because of her size but flys nicely at altitude.  But it was a beautiful plane.  My 86 year old uncle flew on several, he loved them.  I've never even seen one in real life.

That is a surprise Jack, it is the first plane I can remember seeing at a very early age. We are lucky to have an airworthy one in Oz which I have seen a few times. The last ones I can remember seeing in service were in the mid 70s when I moved to Southampton. On at least 2 occasions I saw one flying over quite high but I was never able to identify who they were operated by.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful image and doesn't that Constellation look so beautiful sat on the ramp.

That is a surprise Jack, it is the first plane I can remember seeing at a very early age. We are lucky to have an airworthy one in Oz which I have seen a few times. The last ones I can remember seeing in service were in the mid 70s when I moved to Southampton. On at least 2 occasions I saw one flying over quite high but I was never able to identify who they were operated by.

I haven't even seen one in a museum.  I was thinking about going to D.C. To the Air Space museum sometime this winter if I'm fortunate enough to go.  I'd really like to see it.

Archived