So unlike Mr Miller

VH-KDK

Well he was In the Mood but today for some reason I am not in the mood for flying.

So here is a flight I did a couple of days ago from Popham to Southampton.

1.pe1.jpg

After my little drive around Popham it is time to take to the air.

2.pe2.jpg

Passing over the A303 and heading for Southampton.

3.pe3.jpg

Over the Worthys of Headbourne, Abbots and Kings with Winchester ahead. The M3, A33 and the A34 heading off to the right.

4.pe4.jpg

WInchester with the Itchen flowing through. The Cub is over Winnall.

5.pe6.jpg

Looking back towards Winchester.

6.pe5.jpg

Now at Compton with Chandlers Ford.

7.pe7.jpg

Turning and passing Boyatt Woods where I lived for 4 years before coming to Australia. My house had open fields behind it in those days affording me a great view of the movements at the then Eastleigh Airport. 

8.pe8.jpg

The Railway works are ahead of the Cub with the Swan Centre on the right. The Unigate Dairy in Factory Road, where I worked for 3 years was demolished to make way for the Swan Centre. A certain Mr Benny Hill worked at the same dairy many years before me.

9.pe9.jpg

The goods yard at Eastleigh.

10.pe10.jpg

The former SR railway works at Campbell Road. The line to Fareham heads off towards the horizon.

11.pe11.jpg

Almost there.

12.pe12.jpg

It should be a big enough runway for the Cub even we me flying.

Hope you enjoyed the trip to one of my old stomping grounds!

An excellent and very informative flight Martyn! :). I hadn't realised the extent of the railway yards and works in that area.

It must have been great being able to see the movements at Eastleigh from your house.

Martyn you have been more than productive as of late with all of your posts , I don't blame you if you want to kick back and take a break . Maybe that bum BradB will get off his fanny and post up some shots today . :);):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Outstanding Martyn, another nice tour, and I loved all the railroads.  But that video, man, I wish I lived back then.  Can you see people dressing so formal like that today?  I mean people wore a suit and tie to take out the trash back then.  And all the women were so thin.  I think those were much more refined times back then but that's just my opinion.

9 hours ago, paulb said:

An excellent and very informative flight Martyn! :). I hadn't realised the extent of the railway yards and works in that area.

It must have been great being able to see the movements at Eastleigh from your house.

Thank you Paul. They built some of the Southern Regions finest Steam Engines at Eastleigh as well as helping in the war effort.

The good old days of the VHF radio tuned in and the binoculars then. Along with Hurn when I lived in Bournemouth, I saw logged many interesting aircraft. If only I had a camera in those days.:(

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Martyn you have been more than productive as of late with all of your posts , I don't blame you if you want to kick back and take a break . Maybe that bum BradB will get off his fanny and post up some shots today . :);):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Thanks for your kind comment John, FSim is my break from the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

I did take a break last night to watch the King Bhumibol's Cremation from Bangkok. It was way after 2 am before I turned in!

I hope you can get around to posting some of your flights when you have time as they are very enjoyable to look at.:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding Martyn, another nice tour, and I loved all the railroads.  But that video, man, I wish I lived back then.  Can you see people dressing so formal like that today?  I mean people wore a suit and tie to take out the trash back then.  And all the women were so thin.  I think those were much more refined times back then but that's just my opinion.

Thanks very much Jack and your comments are so true. We had a Glenn Miller LP at home in the very early 60s and it was one of my favourite records. Wonderful movies and music then. Sadly times have changed big time Jack, sometimes for the better and sometimes not so good. The only overweight kid in our class had a medical issue and school lunches were healthy and wholesome. We are the dumbest animal on the planet the way we treat our bodies.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow what super set of screen shots Martyn I enjoyed your trip and your information along the way where you live and you comments on the railway ect  and I enjoyed your trip thanks for sharing all the memories regards stewart

Thank you Stewart. It was a pretty good place to live with the airport and the railway as I was very interested in both. I am lucky that my local airport as been reproduced so well but where I lived in Selwyn Gardens is just off the edge of the area.:)

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, flyingleaf said:

My gosh Martyn. Amazing trip and wonderful information. I am looking at your flight and listening to Mr. Miller. Thank you for your uplifting post.:):D

Glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for commenting.:)

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:11 AM, Stillwater said:

That Southampton railways yards look so great, fantastic shots and explanation, Martyn.

But the overall England scenery looks still blurry, even with P3D and your good set-up. Seems the cub flies too fast for the graphics to build up.

Thanks very much Gerold.

Blurry? Have you tried cleaning your glasses!:lol::lol::lol:.

I hope the blurriness of the images has not brassed you off too much!:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Blurry? Have you tried cleaning your glasses!:lol::lol::lol:.

I hope the blurriness of the images has not brassed you off too much!:rolleyes:

I tried to clean them, but I couldn´t find them!

See #4, the ground around the houses, trees and streets: That is what I recognize the EU_ENG-blurryness. Just slightly, but I seem to see that, and this is what other regions do not show to me.

#6 is perfect again, but #7 suffers the same problem. Don´t know why - but it does not reduce the fun in flying, does it?

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I tried to clean them, but I couldn´t find them!

See #4, the ground around the houses, trees and streets: That is what I recognize the EU_ENG-blurryness. Just slightly, but I seem to see that, and this is what other regions do not show to me.

#6 is perfect again, but #7 suffers the same problem. Don´t know why - but it does not reduce the fun in flying, does it?

Thanks Gerold. I see what you mean now. I get the most appalling performance around Southampton in fact it was virtually unusable in FSX.

I am glad you made me aware of this and I will keep an eye on it in the future.:)

It is true that it does not spoil the fun but it is frustrating. Maybe time to think about an upgrade as my system is getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think that I will have to clean my glasses and if you can't find yours then it might help if you put your glasses on to find them.:wacko::o:lol:

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe time to think about an upgrade as my system is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Hi Martyn, I do not think it is caused by our systems, though mine is also not the latest tech: I do not see this in other regions or full fat areas. I think this must be somehow lying in the way EU_ENG was designed - but here on the forum should be some good experts to comment on that and get us relaxing?

38 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Hi Martyn, I do not think it is caused by our systems, though mine is also not the latest tech: I do not see this in other regions or full fat areas. I think this must be somehow lying in the way EU_ENG was designed - but here on the forum should be some good experts to comment on that and get us relaxing?

Thanks Gerold, maybe I will keep my money in my pocket for the time being then!

Archived