GES review - with a difference

Ed Correia

Hi guys, thank you very much for liking and reading my review although It is in German.

I take your feedback as motivation to do the next review bilingual!

I already have an idea how to realise that.

The next review will be on Germany North or OpenLC South America.

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

I just came back to flightsim after some years and enjoy my brandnew P3D 4.2 installed today on a brandnew pc right now. Earlier when I had the FSX I preferred the UTX/GES stuff, but this time I want to make it with ORBX (global and regional) and have a question about GES. I come from Trier, where you find a lot of historic buildings, romanian landmarks like the Porta Nigra and the Amphitheater, f.e.

Is ist there in GES, too?

p.s. Danke an Boeingman...das review war sicher viel Arbeit und ist eine gute Idee!

On 18/02/2018 at 6:53 AM, ArnyLitheman said:

Hi there,

I just came back to flightsim after some years and enjoy my brandnew P3D 4.2 installed today on a brandnew pc right now. Earlier when I had the FSX I preferred the UTX/GES stuff, but this time I want to make it with ORBX (global and regional) and have a question about GES. I come from Trier, where you find a lot of historic buildings, romanian landmarks like the Porta Nigra and the Amphitheater, f.e.

Is ist there in GES, too?

p.s. Danke an Boeingman...das review war sicher viel Arbeit und ist eine gute Idee!

Hi ArnyLitheman,

I have had a look and there are several landmarks in Trier represented in FTX GES.  In the following pictures you will see the Porta Nigra, Liebfrauenkirche, and the Trier Ampitheater.

2018-2-23_2-13-25-539.jpg

2018-2-23_2-14-3-839.jpg

Attached is a KMZ file for FTX GES which can be opened in Google Earth.

Cheers,

FTX_EU_GES_Germany_South.kmz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived