Atlanta to Dulles

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - Orbx Global, N/A LC, Vector, every last setting maxed out, 4096, AS4, PMDG 747

"Ah, ground, we have a malfunctioning jetway over here, it's moving and has a mind of its own!"

l7r8Dhr.jpg

It literally walked away, LOL!!!

n1zzODZ.jpg

479wmpS.jpg

h0bHY0L.jpg

iVGuKwh.jpg

BzhaS5n.jpg

dGaTmdH.jpg

qA9rvlv.jpg

DM99q9W.jpg

vZzBgSq.jpg

q1TeYf2.jpg

DQHMFTC.jpg

FclX7RF.jpg

M8VsVkV.jpg

gFfvJHM.jpg

Malfunctioning ILS so I had to hand land in a crosswind.  Made it though.

mWmv134.jpg

IE1flSP.jpg

l6hDlDF.jpg

ZzkWvRB.jpg

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John!  You know something, I've always LOVED that call sign for British Airways.  I hope they never change it.

Yes , sadly I remember the BA Concorde's . Was a bucket list item too . :(:)

Cheers

John

9 minutes ago, BradB said:

Yes , sadly I remember the BA Concorde's . Was a bucket list item too . :(:)

Cheers

John

I've seen them take off and land many times, so impressive.  It was a huge tragedy.  Huge.  Like I used to say, all of today's technology to make flying safer was written in blood.  TCAS, Cerritos crash in California I think it was.  Ground prox, Eastern L-1011 in the Everglades, wind shear, DAL Dallas, I could go on.  But planes are extremely safe now.  We learn and improve.

Excellent set and flight Jack.

Well you know that your rogue jetway is not a blonde one if it has a mind of it's own:o

I liked the old BOAC Speedbird  logo which disappeared in 1984.:(

British Overseas Airways Corporation (logo).svg

BA used it for 10 years after the merger before it's demise.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John!  You know something, I've always LOVED that call sign for British Airways.  I hope they never change it.

10 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Well you know that your rogue jetway is not a blonde one if it has a mind of it's own:o

Well at least they still use the callsign. It still pains me that they no longer share international routes with 'clippers' from across the pond.

Alas, Jack, you make the heavies look good. I especially love that shot at altitude looking almost straight down! Looking from above you can tell that plane has a lot more finesse built into its design than its size suggests.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

:lol:  Not a blonde! :lol:  I'm telling you it was hilarious, I'm still laughing seeing it "walking" around.  I loved it.

BOAC, now that brings back memories, especially the Beatles.

"Flew in from Mimi Beach BOAC, didn't get to bed last night..."

9 hours ago, missleman01 said:

Well at least they still use the callsign. It still pains me that they no longer share international routes with 'clippers' from across the pond.

Alas, Jack, you make the heavies look good. I especially love that shot at altitude looking almost straight down! Looking from above you can tell that plane has a lot more finesse built into its design than its size suggests.

Thanks missileman, I agree, Boeing did such a terrific job on this plane.  I've watched dozens of hours of YT's on this jet.  But alas, I think her days are numbered and it'll be a sad day when they're all parked in the desert.  It's my all-time favorite plane.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Really excellent Jack! I must say that the quality of your shots is first rate :).

Thanks Paul, I'm so very satisfied with Adambar's settings that I tweaked only slightly.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Classy set there Jack, enjoyed the flight my friend! :)

Thanks Adam, your settings inspired me.

Archived