I can remember when.

VH-KDK

We used to see the Pan Am 722s at LHR on our spotting trips. One of the highlights of the day.

First seen from the viewing platform on the Queen's Building, when we used to get the Royal Blue up from Bournemouth and then once I had a car, from the top of car Park 3 (I think).

How times have changed.:( And we ain't finished yet!:ph34r:

FTX GEN, Trees, P3Dv4, Freeware TDS B722, REX TD EE.

4.hp1.jpg

Departing from EDDH Hamburg Fuhlsbuttel.

Gosh Martyn, I, like you, have such fond memories of spotting trips and airshows. How times have changed. Even at my local airport (Cardiff) you used to be able to get onto the roof for a great view. Its not allowed nowadays. 

23 minutes ago, paulb said:

Gosh Martyn, I, like you, have such fond memories of spotting trips and airshows. How times have changed. Even at my local airport (Cardiff) you used to be able to get onto the roof for a great view. Its not allowed nowadays. 

Great times Paul, used to be able to get around the hangars of most of the GA airports we visited in the UK with the instructions of look but don't touch. I got permission from to very nice Feds to take photos from behind the fence at Canberra a few years ago as long as I didn't use a zoom lens. Still spooked the locals though with one following us for quite a distance. Got some great snaps though!:)

23 minutes ago, adambar said:

I flew on a Pan Am 727 in the mid 90s to Vegas, one of my favorite type of airliner. Great shot Martyn! :)

They were nice to fly in Adam. I had a few flights on Ansett 722s including one trip from Darwin to Melbourne via Adelaide. What a great flight that was.:D

8 minutes ago, BradB said:

I had long hair half way down my back ..........:wacko::rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

I can remember getting sent home from school in Bournemouth for having hair too long. I read in the Bournemouth Echo last week how some pupils were sent home for having hair too short. You just cant win can you!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shot.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

21 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

A great composition of weather, scenery and plane, Martyn. A piece of art, indeed.

Thank you Gerold  for your very complimentary comment.

Archived