Why do I still use FSX?..................

Triplane

Well,  stay with it if that's what you want.  Many, if not most, are moving on to the 64 bit world.  I, for one, joined the beta and downloaded all the airports (I own all of them).   I had a few problems, mostly minor, that were fixed with the help of some folks on the beta forum and with common sense.  At the moment, P3d v4 runs smooth, clean and beautiful.  I have the A2A and PMDG aircraft along with several Aorosoft and Alebo planes. ASN4, Chaseplane and UTLive  and several other addons, all run fine.  It aint{ that hard.

Just now, Doc_Z said:

Well,  stay with it if that's what you want.  Many, if not most, are moving on to the 64 bit world.  I, for one, joined the beta and downloaded all the airports (I own all of them).   I had a few problems, mostly minor, that were fixed with the help of some folks on the beta forum and with common sense.  At the moment, P3d v4 runs smooth, clean and beautiful.  I have the A2A and PMDG aircraft along with several Aorosoft and Alebo planes. ASN4, Chaseplane and UTLive  and several other addons, all run fine.  It aint{ that hard.

I own them all too. And I have them all installed in both P3Dv4 and FSX. And, quite frankly, the performance in P3Dv4 sucks.....there is no other way to describe it. All mileage is, of course, variable and that's just the way I see it..........Doug

Where is the problem, I have both, each on their own SSD, FSX well established and stable, with aircraft and scenery that I have created, not available to P3Dv4, a lot of years and a lot of enjoyment. So it will remain.

P3Dv4 is still a baby, fresh as they come, promising a bright future, but still a lot of growing to do. It should eventually become something great. After all it is based on FSX.

Each to their own with respect for everyone else and their choice.

23 minutes ago, smudger said:

Where is the problem, I have both, each on their own SSD, FSX well established and stable, with aircraft and scenery that I have created, not available to P3Dv4, a lot of years and a lot of enjoyment. So it will remain.

P3Dv4 is still a baby, fresh as they come, promising a bright future, but still a lot of growing to do. It should eventually become something great. After all it is based on FSX.

Each to their own with respect for everyone else and their choice.

Well said Smudger,

I now have both of them and enjoy both of them. But we all have different needs, preferences and constraints.

Our common bond is our love of FS and the fantastic orbx scenery! :D

I've been using Fs since the first version came out and on my five year old computer with upgraded video card it runs fine with all the add ons.

All this talk about Fs going bye bye reminds me of what happened in the audio scene when they started "replacing" that terrible old vinyl record with cassettes and then C/Ds (perfect sound is here to stay) and then HD C/Ds and super C/Ds and music DVDs. Most of those are all on their way out or are out but Vinyl is still doing fine.

I think Fs will still be here when these other platforms are long gone and forgotten.  

I have worked over 40 years in ICT..... seen everything, done everything.

And now I am done with facing problems and solving them!

Ten years ago I bought FSX on DVD, it was an off the shelf product and ready for use.

I don't want to be confrontated anymore with problems in a flightsim which is maybe better than FSX but still full in development.

Of course I am aware of the advantages of a 64 bits system, but when you plan your flights with care and enable only the sceneries where you fly, you don't run into an OOM. At least I never ever had an OOM. I fly GA planes and PMDG B737 NGX as well.

So, shortly: I stay to FSX, because I have a stable smooth running system and I want to fly and not performing system administration all the time ;-)

Regards Fred

It only reinforces the point that we all see things differently, just as well too otherwise we would all be driving the same make of car, same colour etc etc.

I have singled out two.  AFS2 which I really enjoy, great planes, great scenery, easy to plan flights and above all a great bunch of owners.  I will always follow FSX and Orbx.

Jim

Archived