They actually train for this.

Jack Sawyer

Yes, according to the 777 training videos the real world pilot who spent the last 12 years of his flying career and now trains new 777 pilots, he said they start them out in the sim inverted.

So this was my attempt at doing what they really do.  And I succeeded.

By the way, this is Orlando Intl.  KMCO, does anyone else see trees all over the place like this?

IV7sMze.jpg

sDD82jA.jpg

40btUUE.jpg

Q273GcY.jpg

Nr3EMQz.jpg

q3DEP2c.jpg

And, recovered.

U74Uf5M.jpg

34 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I will try and get there and have a look Jack as that airport has big problems.

Some excellent caps and some nifty flying too.

I have trees all over KMCO too Jack.

Thanks Martyn, I'm going to install those files Nick directed me too and see if that helps.

25 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Well Jack you have done it now I new it was too good to be true going inverted regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, I told you I would and as I said, they really do train for this according to a real world 777 pilot/trainer.

Just now, Mickel said:

:D

Told yer!  Per Myron the real training pilot, as a test in the videos they did, to deliberately go past bank angle protection they had to shut off the flight control computers, so I thought I'd try it and it works!

I went and looked at my Orlando cause I really don't fly in there and mine looks exactly the same.  Definitely some issues there.  I think I have only flown into Orlando 2 times in my entire Sim Career (15+ years).

10 minutes ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Oh Lord....LOL. :lol: I am actually in the PMDG 777 right now on my way to KSFO...but I will save the fancy flyin' for another flight. B)

Well, we know it can be done Anthony, that's my one and only.  Back to serious training and flying sensibly.

Just now, Sammy H said:

I went and looked at my Orlando cause I really don't fly in there and mine looks exactly the same.  Definitely some issues there.  I think I have only flown into Orlando 2 times in my entire Sim Career (15+ years).

Mr. Nick Cooper posted a couple of BGL fixes Sammy and they work.  He said they will be in a Vector update eventually.

12 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, we know it can be done Anthony, that's my one and only.  Back to serious training and flying sensibly.

Mr. Nick Cooper posted a couple of BGL fixes Sammy and they work.  He said they will be in a Vector update eventually.

Hmmmm, I can't seem to find them.  All good either way as I said I don't really fly into Orlando 

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, I'm going to install those files Nick directed me too and see if that helps.

Thanks Stewart, I told you I would and as I said, they really do train for this according to a real world 777 pilot/trainer.

IT is a good job you cant take-off inverted

2 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Besides the nice flight action I enjoy the discussion which lead to a solution. We all need this from time to time, unfortunately.

Thanks Gerold!  Nick is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, very much appreciate his help as it removed all those trees.

Just now, Anthin Delahunt said:

Nicely done jack....But.

Can you fly a knife edge pass right down the

runway and scare the hell out of all the onlookers?

Anthin...:D

Thanks Anthin, yeah, no.  It was easy to get it inverted but I think the way it handled it would be very difficult.  It's just not meant to emulate a T-38. :wacko:

1 minute ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

AH Jack.Don't be a sissy.Think of all the fun

you can have cartwheeling down the  runway.:lol::lol:

Anthin.:blink:

Yikes!  No thanks.  Have you flown this big bird?  It "feels" heavy.  I know it has a lot of power especially when empty and low fuel but it's a lumbering giant that takes a lot of room to turn.  Just from recovering from that I lost a lot of altitude.  I don't think it could be done to be honest.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Come of Jack, you gotta live on the edge, a knife edge pass would be a thing of beauty. :o:D  Great shots! :)

Thanks Adam, but I gotta pass on this one.  I just wanted to simulate what they do in real training.  And though a knife edged pass may be possible in a 777 it'll be too much work because this plane is very difficult to fly like that.  It's just so sluggish because it's so big.  Maybe someday when I have more time.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2017 at 10:15 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Where can I get the BGL fixes?

4 hours ago, Romanza313 said:

Where can I get the BGL fixes?

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you.  I see Mr. Nick Cooper replied.  We're you able to download the files and install them?

If you have any problems getting the files or installing them please PM me and I will help you.

Best regards and hopefully we'll see some screenshots soon!

Jack

Archived