Diamond Point to Sequim

Jack Sawyer

P3D 3.4 - All Orbx and new 2WA1.  Made a flight to W28, Sequim.  Was another very nice short flight.

I always like to read the manuals as I love aviation trivia, and I like to see who did the beta testing.  Anyway, last night, reading about Diamond Point I was thinking how nice it must be to own your own plane and live on a private airport.  Some people have all the luck!

qyXbeFO.jpg

m66xa0B.jpg

F4siEMC.jpg

0l4qxV0.jpg

ix2czTW.jpg

4d6uyss.jpg

HA4NYuH.jpg

APqebeL.jpg

6qxYfJT.jpg

eNABcMj.jpg

68uQbqX.jpg

mUthfID.jpg

tcRDNJS.jpg

oEHokEp.jpg

43woeyP.jpg

3 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Very nice Jack. Yep it must be nice to have your "yellow"  plane sitting in front of your house. But I noticed the grass could do with some cutting with your "upside down yellow ceiling fan".:D

:lol:  Thanks flyingleaf!  It would be nice to have a yellow plane like this but I'd much rather have a real Bell 404 upside down ceiling fan! :lol:

2 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Very, very nice Jack. Thank you.

Cheers

Karoly

Thanks Karoly!

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice set of screen shots Jack and a yellow aircraft regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, yep, yellow but dirty.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks you Iain!

55 minutes ago, magic1 said:

Nice shots!

Thanks Magic!

43 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Quality takes of some of the best ORBX scenery in your  yellow peril plane.

Appears it could do with a bit of TLC though.

Hope you are enjoying yourself with your new airports.:)

Thanks Martyn, yes it does, and it needs a bath then an inspection.

Hi Guys,

I did the photos for Diamond Point, 2WA1.  It's quite a place.  I got to talk with several folks in residence and they seemed to love it.  You can see water on 3 sides and the weather is great (most of the time).  I'm glad you enjoy the airport.

Cheers, Neil

3 minutes ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Guys,

I did the photos for Diamond Point, 2WA1.  It's quite a place.  I got to talk with several folks in residence and they seemed to love it.  You can see water on 3 sides and the weather is great (most of the time).  I'm glad you enjoy the airport.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks Neil!  It's outstanding, I would love to live there, or even just visit.  Imagine living on your own private airport?  It would be a dream come true.

5 minutes ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Very nice set, Jack. Have been there yesterday, also. (Unfortunately only virtual). This part of the ORBX world is the one I fly the most when I go low and slow. 

Thanks Thorsten!  Yeah, I just went there for a quick flight.  Need to go back with AS weather on and see if I can experience some of those winds.  And they're right in the manual, looks can be deceiving because the runway is so narrow.

2 hours ago, mikewies said:

Jack -- nice looking series of shots, makes me want to purchase the area!

Neil did a great job with the town. Super detail levels and a variety of buildings.

Thanks for sharing this gem.

Thanks Mike!  He sure did, very nice area!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes sir Bug, I forget where I got it but I can send it to you via email or Dropbox if I can remember how to use Dropbox.  Maybe PM if it's not too large a file.

Thanks but I don't own this bird yet :(

Hi again,

On the day I took the photos for 2WA1 I also did photos for WA45 which I think is part of the same package, but even the default PNW version looks quite good.  What is unique about WA45 it includes a WATER rwy, and this on the side of a hill,  overlooking Discovery Bay.  I like to never figured  out how to get there to take the photos as the road to it is a small rather obscure dirt road (see GE). 

Cheers, Neil

WA45 default PNW.jpg

Hi jack,

This is pretty much a private strip.  The owner of the one home that is there had a 2 engine seaplane and so he build the water rwy.  I think he'd passed away by the time I got there but the family still made sure it stayed full of water, I suppose for others to use.  It makes a cool small airport whether using the grass or water runways.  I only ran across 1 other combo grass and water airport and that was in Oregon.

1 hour ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi jack,

This is pretty much a private strip.  The owner of the one home that is there had a 2 engine seaplane and so he build the water rwy.  I think he'd passed away by the time I got there but the family still made sure it stayed full of water, I suppose for others to use.  It makes a cool small airport whether using the grass or water runways.  I only ran across 1 other combo grass and water airport and that was in Oregon.

That's really interesting Neil, this is why I love it here, I always learn so much. Sad about the owner though but glad the family kept it going.  What an amazing life that must be to live like that. 

Archived