Atlanta to Tampa

Jack Sawyer

Made a flight from KATL to KTPA in the 777 at only 5000 feet so I could see the scenery.  Settings were very high, Orbx Global, Vector, N/A, Trees, AS & ASCA, REX TD, no PTA.

qrhZADm.jpg

wCEqatr.jpg

U8H8Dmf.jpg

a2McHM0.jpg

IqwpKUn.jpg

KkUWtgK.jpg

IfoAgD6.jpg

24zUnLj.jpg

pSaXz3t.jpg

XSoRSfW.jpg

5H2biJA.jpg

av1ePnq.jpg

EdrDROY.jpg

0V364UW.jpg

nBMMQmo.jpg

rRtRLq8.jpg

oaTfRZJ.jpg

uNRbLmG.jpg

hGCmD2c.jpg

Excellent series Jack.

Nothing worse than going on a long flight and being above the clouds most of the way, noticed that you have solved the problem.

Plenty of beautiful scenery to see.

Wonderful plane and livery too.

46 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent series Jack.

Nothing worse than going on a long flight and being above the clouds most of the way, noticed that you have solved the problem.

Plenty of beautiful scenery to see.

Wonderful plane and livery too.

Thanks Martyn my friend.  That's why I did it this way.  I wanted to see the scenery instead way above it like you said.

The livery is from Airline2Sim, I bought their training videos and this was included.  I like it.

Lovely set of shots, Jack. I particularly like the two over the water and the misty ones towards the end. Presumably if you fly Air America you have to disembark via parachute? How does that go down in business class, I wonder.

1 hour ago, flyingleaf said:

Real beauties Jack. Great scenery.

Thanks flyingleaf!

55 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely set of shots, Jack. I particularly like the two over the water and the misty ones towards the end. Presumably if you fly Air America you have to disembark via parachute? How does that go down in business class, I wonder.

Thank you Andy.  I don't understand why you'd want to disembark with a parachute?  I got this every from Airline2Sim where I bought the 777 training videos, very high quality.

45 minutes ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack, beautiful shots, very nice clouds and safe landing.

Cheers

Karoly

Thanks Karoly, it was a nice hand flown landing with ILS.  What a beautiful plane.

2 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

I thought "Air America" was the CIA run transport outfit in SE Asia in the '60s. Chief pilot Mel Gibson, apparently.

News to me Andy, like I say a lot, haven't watched TV or movies for 25 years now, maybe more.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

TV or movies

Not just the movies, see this wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(airline)

And I'm with you re going to the movies. Or at least Hollywood. Still some decent stuff around from France, Italy etc. And even the good old BBC is turning into a glorified cheap magazine channel these days, so we may yet join you on the TV abstension.

Just now, andy1252 said:

Not just the movies, see this wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(airline)

And I'm with you re going to the movies. Or at least Hollywood. Still some decent stuff around from France, Italy etc. And even the good old BBC is turning into a glorified cheap magazine channel these days, so we may yet join you on the TV abstension.

Wow!  It was for real!  I wonder why a training company like Airline2Sim would do a thing like that?

What I like to watch, and don't call me crazy, is YouTube M.I.T. lectures on nuclear physics, quantum physics, astrophysics, calculus, the history of every country on Earth, anything aviation related like building Rolls Royce engines to the A-380 & 747, to all the world's religions and philosophies.  I know it may seem boring to some but I like it.  Dramas just don't interest me as they're just people like you and me playing, they're not real, to me it's not logical.

But hey, that's just me. :blink:

3 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Great set of shots again Jack it a shame they are so expensive at least for me.

Cheers,

Ruud

If I had the money I'd buy it for Ruud!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

8 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Knockout shots Jack! You're kicking it alright!

Thanks Erik.  Wait till you see what I have planned.  It hit me in the forest, I just got back in from hiking.  My next several set of shots will be music related.  Nothing crazy but it will be interesting to see if people know the music related shots.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

I imagine the scenery was zipping by pretty quickly at 5000ft. :D  Great shots Jack! :)

It was Adam.  But I loved it, this is what I did it, I wanted to fly that beautiful plane and see the scenery at the same time.  I was only doing 250 kts anyway which is pretty slow for a 777.

Archived