Almost finished with 3.4

Jack Sawyer

Well, I finally have a working GTN750 in V4 now and man am I happy.  Got REX TD HD installed but I think it's the old version but at least it works and I have Iain's theme.

So no PTA for now, just Iain's theme and his HDR settings.

These are the A2A 182 leaving KATL to KFFC, Falcon Field where I used to live and fly out of.

All Orbx has to offer I these screens.  AS & ASCA on.  Chase Plane.

993UNMN.jpg

q5uVh5Y.jpg

tg3in2m.jpg

R7VdNbp.jpg

4xJGCxg.jpg

kum15ui.jpg

WwDxL0G.jpg

sIyZN9N.jpg

SbdDgVw.jpg

9 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Very nice screen shots Jack regards stewart

Thanks Stewart!

1 minute ago, BradB said:

Wonderful shots Jack , REX says that on 8-8 a bug free V4 version will be out . :rolleyes:;):D 

Cheers

John

Thanks John.  So how did you and Iain get a version for V4?  Did they pull it?

At least one thing is good, I can use this version in V4 with Iain's theme which I think is terrific.

9 minutes ago, ruudmeij said:

Hi Jack, great screenshots again keep in mind that the cloud structures from REX TD will be overwritten by ASCA when you activate ASCA.

Cheers,

Ruud

Yes sir, thanks Ruud.  Right now I don't know what to use.  ASCA can be very tough on my sustem though.

Do you know if I can go back and forth?

For a horrible moment Jack I thought you had problems and had given v4 away.:o

Nope, you have nearly finished setting it up and by the look of your screenies you have it running A1.:)

Beautiful series and looking forwards to seeing many more from you.;)

17 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes sir, thanks Ruud.  Right now I don't know what to use.  ASCA can be very tough on my sustem though.

Do you know if I can go back and forth?

Yes Jack you can go back and forth as long as you load the REX textures theme again, don't start up ASCA and only use AktiveSky, you will lose however the active cloud changes during your flight that ASCA does so the clouds structures will remain the same during your flight.

Hi Jack, thank you for very nice shots.

Info for you from REX site:

REX 4 TEXTURE DIRECT

Fixing a couple of issues:

1.)    Settings not saving with some situations

2.)    Sky and Sun textures being updated due to changes in regard to lighting changes within P3D4.

TUESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2017

Best regards

Karoly

52 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

For a horrible moment Jack I thought you had problems and had given v4 away.:o

Nope, you have nearly finished setting it up and by the look of your screenies you have it running A1.:)

Beautiful series and looking forwards to seeing many more from you.;)

Thanks Martyn, nope, V4 now with the GTN makes me happy.

42 minutes ago, ruudmeij said:

Yes Jack you can go back and forth as long as you load the REX textures theme again, don't start up ASCA and only use AktiveSky, you will lose however the active cloud changes during your flight that ASCA does so the clouds structures will remain the same during your flight.

Thanks Ruud!  But doesn't plain old TD HD do the same, I mean not change clouds?

I just got word rom them, TD HD is out so Iain and John got the correct thing, I bought a long time ago the bundle, TD HD with Soft Clouds.  I never really used SC.  Live and learn.

4 minutes ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack, thank you for very nice shots

Thanks Karoly!  Orbx-land is getting better and better in V4 now!  All I need now is Orbx's airports and I can dump the OOM VAS creating machine known as 3.4! 

Way behind you Jack.

If Orbx knocks out the 95 airports I am waiting for in V4 & WeFly would convert their AP/GPS unit I use ilo GTN750, then it would be goodbye V3.4.

At the moment I have so much more that works in 3.4 that my V4 flying is tailing off.

TTM

3 minutes ago, luckyb52 said:

Nice shots, Jack. And thanks for making me aware of the new GTN 750 for P3D V4 !

Best

Lucky :)

///////////

Same here... I would also like to thank you, Jack, for the hint with the GTN. Will give it a try soon... :-)

cheers

Thorsten

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Jack, just go to the settings in ASCA and uncheck what you don't want and the REX textures will load just fine. Anyway, super shots my friend! :)

Thanks Adam!  If you get a chance can you PM me on the best way to do this?  

2 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Nice shots, Jack. And thanks for making me aware of the new GTN 750 for P3D V4 !

Best

Lucky :)

///////////

Thanks Lucky, yeah it's ice.  To me it's one of the best things to use for exploring my little slice of Orbx land.  I love that I can start somewhere and just click on nearest or look around me on the moving map and see the nearest airports around me.

2 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Same here... I would also like to thank you, Jack, for the hint with the GTN. Will give it a try soon... :-)

cheers

Thorsten

Thanks Turobarow!  You will indeed like it.

Archived