Geneva to mont Blanc and back to Geneva

Just a short flight  from Geneva to Mont Blanc it makes a change to go over the top  ,   when I was driving my truck going through the tunnel  a length of just over 7 miles long

and to take a truck one way  from France through the tunnel at a cost of £277 one way or euros 317.50 very expensive I have been loads of times when I was driving my truck

on my way to Italy .

when you get onto the A40 auto route just the over side of Geneva  then you start to climb for about 1hr with a truck of a gross weight of 42 tons to get to the tunnel the last bit in a low gear until you get to the tunnel and once through you have to go down the Italian side in a low gear if not you would end up with no brakes .

well I still loved every minute for just over 25 years . 

hope you enjoy my screen shots regards stewart

wKtvD6i.jpg

MfiTbUi.jpg

2hI3UjD.jpg

fc0HZcL.jpg

you can se theA40 auto rout below

cgwczhG.jpg

following the a40

gxcTfYv.jpg

ZwDXdwF.jpg

a bit of snow

3k88Io3.jpg

mont blanc makes a change to over it than under

4nGn697.jpg

the road down there is some road 

L2I6tFU.jpg

SGGebsS.jpg

Q4Vk6Ta.jpg

uTXZtEy.jpg

y8QOKn6.jpg

uCktNp3.jpg

LPuRi3g.jpg

brcTLsS.jpg

Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots from a marvellous area, Stewart. And the Baron is somewhat like your truck: fading brakes, no spoilers, no reversers.... 

Have a good time,

Fritz

13 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Thanks for sharing these beautiful shots from a marvellous area, Stewart. And the Baron is somewhat like your truck: fading brakes, no spoilers, no reversers.... 

Have a good time,

Fritz

Thanks Pegaso for giving me nice comments on my screen shots all I can say it was a good job I had a exsorter brake on my truck regards stewart

1 hour ago, fly37 said:

Marvellous Pic and Marvellous Story.. thank, you make me dream...

Gianni

Thanks  Gianni for taking the time to read my story and also enjoying  my screen shots I think by putting a little story it makes it a bit more interesting a few years ago now

it was the good old days and I dream all the time when I am on p3dv4 at places I have been to when flying in Europe regards stewart

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wonderful Stewart!  But so much to go through the tunnel!  That's a lot of money.

Thanks Jack the other way is to go to Paris and then go to Marseille and then along the coast to Italy about a extra 4 to 5 hrs drive and also tolls for motorways  in France

I like putting a little story to my post do you think it is ok doing that .

if I won the lottery I would buy another truck had 2 of my own at different times .

well thanks for  saying good things about my screen shots regards stewart

Just now, stewart1 said:

Thanks Jack the other way is to go to Paris and then go to Marseille and then along the coast to Italy about a extra 4 to 5 hrs drive and also tolls for motorways  in France

I like putting a little story to my post do you think it is ok doing that .

if I won the lottery I would buy another truck had 2 of my own at different times .

well thanks for  saying good things about my screen shots regards stewart

Yes, I think it's wonderful!  I know a lot about the good old US of A but very little about Europe.  It's always interesting to see you mix your truck driving with your shots and when you can follow roads you used to drive on, in the sim, then that's pretty well done by Orbx.

Wish I could win the lottery but I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I do winning the lottery! :wacko:

1 minute ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shots Stewart and a great story. Yep it can get quite scary on them hills. Cheers.

Thanks for saying my screen shots are great and I like to try and add a short story from my driving  in Europe for about 25 years

thanks flyingleaf for your good comments on my screen shots regards stewart

11 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, I think it's wonderful!  I know a lot about the good old US of A but very little about Europe.  It's always interesting to see you mix your truck driving with your shots and when you can follow roads you used to drive on, in the sim, then that's pretty well done by Orbx.

Wish I could win the lottery but I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I do winning the lottery! :wacko:

look at this Jack regards stewart

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-903&p=truck+video+mont+blonc+tunnel#id=9&vid=147faa5a98df6997ab4b13a60a832f70&action=view

6 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

That's beautiful Stewart!  I'd love to hike there.  What was that thing at the end where it scans the truck?  A scanner?  If so how does it work?

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's beautiful Stewart!  I'd love to hike there.  What was that thing at the end where it scans the truck?  A scanner?  If so how does it work?

it was like that when I was driving I think it scans the load because there was a big fire in the tunnel a truck with margarine caught alight and people where trapped in the tunnel a few people died  and the truck burnt for 2 days regards stewart  

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

it was like that when I was driving I think it scans the load because there was a big fire in the tunnel a truck with margarine caught alight and people where trapped in the tunnel a few people died  and the truck burnt for 2 days regards stewart  

Good grief.  That's terrible.  Sorry to hear about the loss of life Stewart.

Well done Stewart, a very interesting post with a wonderful narration, videos and of course FS views.

That approach in the vid is beautiful but with the twisty road the driver would not have any time to take in the scenery.

Must be nasty driving through here in the winter.

Thanks for saying such good comments on my screens and story it was  sometimes  bad in the winter when there was snow you would climb for about a  1hr until you reached the tunnel when you got higher then you hit snow but they did a good job of clearing the road ,

it was a bit of a job with 42 tons total  wait low gear up and the same down ,

I am retired now  and had loads of memories some good and some bad regards stewart   

Like you, Stewart, I enjoy fling in the sim over areas I have been (driving) before. Gives great memories, as long as the scenery is rather accurate. And on today´s level it is!

I only know the motorway on the north side of the lake (and all of its speed traps). Flat like a ... . But we went up towards the mountain from the swiss side, which is even some work with a 330 BMW.

BTW, great shots, your mountain shadows are fascinating.

24 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Like you, Stewart, I enjoy fling in the sim over areas I have been (driving) before. Gives great memories, as long as the scenery is rather accurate. And on today´s level it is!

I only know the motorway on the north side of the lake (and all of its speed traps). Flat like a ... . But we went up towards the mountain from the swiss side, which is even some work with a 330 BMW.

BTW, great shots, your mountain shadows are fascinating.

Thanks Gerold I am the same  I enjoy fling in the sim over areas I have been (driving) before. Gives great memories,thanks for you kind comments I put another one up Dubrovnik to Munich today regards Stewart

Archived