Aerofly FS 2 LOWI

It is really spectacular, especially in VR. However I noticed that some of the buildings and grass areas opposite the terminal area are floating off the ground. I just wanted to report it and ask if anyone else has seen that.

Yes, same thing for me. I was flying down the valley and noticed a rather large swath of floating buildings. Also it seems some bridges are misaligned. Just a heads up.

Finally, at Lowi there is a man waiting for the bus, and as the bus approaches he steps back a bit, only for the bus to swerve in and run him over anyway. Poor guy! :lol:

I have seen ghost shadows in some places, when the sun was rather low. I'd see shadows of houses but no houses were near. This was in a valley: maybe the shadows from houses on the other side of the valley were somehow projected on the wrong side of the valley...?

I have also seen a small patch of city scenery with no 3D buildings on it. The next time I see this I will try to make a screenshot.

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress on the update to report? I know it will be ready when it is ready, but I was just wondering how it was going. 

I'm looking forward to a great partnership between Orbx and IPACS!

This isn't the Aerofly forum? I'm pretty sure it is. It says so at the top.

I bought the program via FTX Central, so you can't mean that I have to ask the people at Aerofly/IPACS, can you? 

2 hours ago, Oldar said:

This isn't the Aerofly forum? I'm pretty sure it is. It says so at the top.

I bought the program via FTX Central, so you can't mean that I have to ask the people at Aerofly/IPACS, can you? 

Nick clearly said "there will be an update to Aerofly which should address some of these reports" so yes, you should be asking this on the IPACS forum. If Nick had said "there will be an update to Orbx LOWI which should address some of these reports" this would have been the forum to ask. But he didn't say that. ;)

Gosh, i guess I just didn't parse the grammar closely enough. 

Since I paid Orbx for the product, I naturally assumed they could answer the question about its update status. And since I waited three weeks between posts I hardly thought I was being impolite in asking. 

• 3 weeks later...

But I bought Innsbruck  via FTX Central, so I did indeed pay Orbx something for the program, which isn't working again after the latest FS 2 update no matter who's fault that is. Any timetable for uploading the fix that has been sent to you?

22 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

As soon as possible.

Things are going rather slow here. I understood IPACS already had submitted several days ago all required files to ORBX after the Aerofly's latest update.

Cheers, Ed

Hey Nick, there are some posts about this over in the Aerofly forums.  They've stated they already sent updated files over to you, and in fact have already updated the LOWI and KCGX packages available through Steam (which I believe they control).  I*think* we're just waiting for Jarrad and probably Alex to update the "autogen" files in their respective packages and make the updates available via FTX Central.  I suspect both those gentlemen may be tied up with Open LC SA work however.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Uninformed comment, whether yours or mine, is of little value.

Hi, Nick, just to let you know that apart from the information being released to the public days ago in the IPACS forums, Jarrad Marshall confirmed the same and mentioned he had rceived the files from IPACS. So I guess the comment is not an "uninformed" one.

Cheers, Ed

Wow.... a perfect LOWI now, and a perfect Q400 to fly in. Best thing I have seen in all my years of flight simulator.....  I can't wait for an upgrade of Meg's.

Thanks guys!!!!!

Ben

Archived