Catalina Island

magic1

Hi. Not being funny or anything and they are lovely shots but think I would prefer them to be normal pictures as I would be able to see more details of the pictures. Maybe this is because I'm viewing them on my iPad. Just my opinion. Derek.

Absolutely gorgeous!  I especially like #7, it's a place I'd love to live.  I personally like the pano shots because very few people do them and they look really neat to me.  Always well composed Magic.  And, I simply have to get back to Catalina!  What a beautiful area.

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain - cheers back

10 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

love these wide screen shots, more please

Thanks Ken - will do

9 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi. Not being funny or anything and they are lovely shots but think I would prefer them to be normal pictures as I would be able to see more details of the pictures. Maybe this is because I'm viewing them on my iPad. Just my opinion. Derek.

Hmm - Sorry Derek, not much i can do. I have my resolution set to 5760 x 1080 as i use three 27 inch monitors for my main display. The 5760 x 1080 resolution is set in FSX so these are just straight "v" key screen captures. There are no other enhancements, so what you see is ORBX "out of the box" so to speak. Even if you view these in full screen they certainly don't look the same on the forum as they do on my monitors. I actually use a forth monitor for the gauges. When flying with the three screen main display I sometimes get a sensation of movement because with my peripheral vision filled it sort of tricks the mind.  For best results on your iPad be sure to use the full screen view.

Appreciate your comments Derek, thanks.

9 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

I love these ultrawide images... keep them coming B)

will do Mark - thanks!

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

More great shots, get a bullette and see the world!

thanks - i just pickup that little plane. I think the paint schemes look good in the screen shots. can you imagine flying at 300 KPH in an opened cockpit?

6 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Good that the burger is red, so we could see it in these great pictures.

Thanks - These shots look way different on my display, i'm playing around with the zoom to see what happens with the screen captures on the forum.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Absolutely gorgeous!  I especially like #7, it's a place I'd love to live.  I personally like the pano shots because very few people do them and they look really neat to me.  Always well composed Magic.  And, I simply have to get back to Catalina!  What a beautiful area.

Thanks Jack - lots of other ORBX airports near by as well....

Hi magic1. Are so we thats why they are so wide, very nice setup. I did try to tap them to see if that would help and then I remembered I could stretch them on the iPad. That was better. Derek.

10 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi magic1. Are so we thats why they are so wide, very nice setup. I did try to tap them to see if that would help and then I remembered I could stretch them on the iPad. That was better. Derek.

you might still get a little better resolution with the "tap" image...;)

Archived