Brisbane

So I bought two more today B), Brisbane and Walter Sutton.

I decided to test out Brisbane, it was very nice but I think it OOM'd on me, not sure.  My handy dandy little VAS meter showed 78% used and a yellow bar, at the end of my shots I was on approach and P3D quit.  Such is life.  I don't know if it was an OOM or my fault for changing settings so much in flight.  

Either way, this 3rd largest city in Australia is beautiful!  Can I live there?  Please?  Oh, and as usual, sorry for so many, I get carried away in my excitement with a new airport.

Bl5YD9a.jpg

EBpT8fW.jpg

3F0qLxe.jpg

hovwElJ.jpg

WtPw5m2.jpg

ixRJqYw.jpg

M8GvEtU.jpg

dwTWfw9.jpg

IuZiNMC.jpg

CBWu7yS.jpg

lDPgQz4.jpg

JHUaah9.jpg

CjvNQhS.jpg

Is that a little farm down there?  I like it!

PYNru44.jpg

ZQSPtyn.jpg

Q0PfCnL.jpg

N7nLLxi.jpg

vzO08U7.jpg

l5nXikx.jpg

q9lyyDx.jpg

M9tUG6E.jpg

cLkD9O5.jpg

G4L13xK.jpg

yB8Kg69.jpg

lXFuQrS.jpg

mGf3Jk5.jpg

15 minutes ago, BradB said:

Smashing shots from Brissy Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I'm at the moment, watching a YT documentary on Australia.  Love it, oh, and I forgot to mention, I have a didgeridoo I bought years ago and taught myself how to play.  It's wicked cool!

1 minute ago, Richard Lincoln said:

You are on Fire Jack. Nice shots.

PS. Be careful landing on the Gateway Motorway Bridge, I was one of many that built that, and it moves a lot too:D

Thanks Richard!  Now I know the name, thanks.  I love this place called Down Under.  You worked on that bridge?  Awesome.  When you say it moves a lot, do you mean it moves a lot of cars or it physically moves?  It looks very sturdy.

It is meant to move up to 87mm side to side, part expansion (heat,cold) but mostly because of where it is situated over the River, it is also one of the deepest parts of the River, actively dredged to allow Car Carriers to the city side. I essence it is a duplication of the Initial Build and receives Airport Traffic from YBBN, basically a corridor from North to South, and West via the Logan Motorway.

7 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

It is meant to move up to 87mm side to side, part expansion (heat,cold) but mostly because of where it is situated over the River, it is also one of the deepest parts of the River, actively dredged to allow Car Carriers to the city side. I essence it is a duplication of the Initial Build and receives Airport Traffic from YBBN, basically a corridor from North to South, and West via the Logan Motorway.

Thanks Richard, more interesting stuff.  I love learning new things like this.  From what I'm seeing on YT right now I sure as heck wish I could get away from this boring wretched state.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Jack! Love the detail in them.

Thanks Paul!  It's very very detailed.  

7 hours ago, Paul Rose said:

This is terrific Guys

My Wife comes from Brisbane and one of the shots was of the Ranger passing the CalTex refinery where my Mother in law works, Great Shots

Thanks Paul!  So that's the name of it.  I love when I have a name for a place in the sim.  If you didn't tell me I never in a million years would have known, so thanks Paul.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

5 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi With your Yellow , Jack , all detail are shown, nice also to see AISHIP  on sea  :wub:

Patrick

Thanks Patrick!  Yes, that's from the freeware AI ships package someone here recommended and it's well worth the time to install.

Yellow bird - check

Fly under the bridge - check

Land on a static ship - check

Now comes landing on a ferry, plus the tanker in the bay.

Great captures, btw.

And... as I said before, Brisbane is the biggest VAS grave I know, with a huge OOM tendency. That would be a very important update.

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Yellow bird - check

Fly under the bridge - check

Land on a static ship - check

Now comes landing on a ferry, plus the tanker in the bay.

Great captures, btw.

And... as I said before, Brisbane is the biggest VAS grave I know, with a huge OOM tendency. That would be a very important update.

LOL!!!  Thanks Gerold!

I had to buy it, it looked just too good.  But if it's a VAS grave I'll dial back the settings.  And if there's an update coming then all the better!  I really like it.

I watched some excellent YT's last night on the history of Australia, the wildlife of Australia, and the Aborigines too as well as the best beaches in Sydney.  All extremely interesting and informative.

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

I watched some excellent YT's last night on the history of Australia, the wildlife of Australia, and the Aborigines too as well as the best beaches in Sydney.  All extremely interesting and informative.

I see you become as addicted as me now. If only the way would not be that long... :wacko:

Beautiful tour of Brisbane with you usual antics thrown in for good measure.

I have only been to Brisbane the once but I may do a trip later this year to pay my brother a long overdue visit.

I use Ant's freeware YBBN as the ORBX one can play up as you have already found out.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful tour of Brisbane with you usual antics thrown in for good measure.

I have only been to Brisbane the once but I may do a trip later this year to pay my brother a long overdue visit.

I use Ant's freeware YBBN as the ORBX one can play up as you have already found out.

Thanks Martyn, yup, this is one place I have to dial back till I find the sweet spot but it's just too darned good not to own or fly to.  That's cool your brother lives there, I'd love to live there.  I watched two more YT's on Oz last night and I'm learning more and more.  This time they were about sharks and underwater sea life all around the continent.  I never knew it was once part of Antarctica or that the sea life gets most if its nutrients from Antartica.

Archived