Snowy LOWI

Jack Sawyer

I started a flight at LOWI without AS16 on and then decided to turn it on, I was astonished to see snow as I had it set to real time last night when I flew.  Then I checked my handy-dandy free iPhone app for real world weather for real pilots and was amazed to see that yes, it was indeed snowing there.  So here's some shots.  I later changed the time of day as I was testing the new plane.

DDmAh00.jpg

F8d7rP9.jpg

VTPqE82.jpg

wjxjx0x.jpg

Rotate!

l0K7Hzr.jpg

TZUjC5h.jpg

Mf09qfJ.jpg

5HZfwvl.jpg

Fwazt3u.jpg

Snow stopped temporarily

aghWWhV.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous scenery!

pSFYPoH.jpg

Looks like the Millennium Falcon just went into hyperdrive

zGKPijJ.jpg

Excellent Jack! It most have been warmer at ground level as the snow has not settled. I had that here two weeks ago (real life). It was not very cold but we had a hailstorm! Nothing settled, but my dog loved running around trying to eat them! :D

6 hours ago, oldboy43 said:

Hi Jack very nice pictures, it looks like today in Bratislava. Snowing and snowing.
Sincerely
Karoly

Thanks Karoly.  Send me some snow, I hate hot weather.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent Jack! It most have been warmer at ground level as the snow has not settled. I had that here two weeks ago (real life). It was not very cold but we had a hailstorm! Nothing settled, but my dog loved running around trying to eat them! :D

Thanks Paul, we get hailstorms when we get those wretched tornadoes seemingly weekly all spring and summer.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful scenery and weather Jack, just 28c here today and beautiful blue skies with a touch of cirrus.

Not a bad looking plane, what is it?

Thanks Martyn.  Hey, same temp here but a little more hotter.  That plane?  It's a heavily modified Chipmunk dont'cha know...

28 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Nice set these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

2 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Jack - a Helldiver - really?

Sure why not?  They twisted my arm.  My flight of fantasy, I mean didn't LOWI see action in WWII with Helldivers?  Or maybe these pilots got lost? :D

Archived