LOWI - Many questions

Guenseli

Hello,

first I must say it is a really fantastic scenery!!!! I'm very satisfied, but I found just a few bugs I'd like to tell you. Hopefully there will be a solution, but these are no showstoppers for me.

I also hope it is ok to make for each bug an extra thread!?

I think it will be better for other users and to keep track on the single items.

I use Pilots Ultimate Next Generation Mesh and tried 5 m and 1 m does not make any difference.

i have at several occasions mesh problems (bridges e.g.) but the most noticeable are at the airport border and the Heli station

ggeFn9R.png

HKQb5aD.png

and the heli station

U0IwRyH.png

I see mesh problems also with some bridges, objects etc.

Hello,

first I must say it is a really fantastic scenery!!!! I'm very satisfied, but I found just a few bugs I'd like to tell you. Hopefully there will be a solution, but these are no showstoppers for me.

I also hope it is ok to make for each bug an extra thread!?

I think it will be better for other users and to keep track on the single items.

IBnAvun.png

As you can see, I have airport grass, despite its switched off...

Hello,

ok, this is nitpicking, but maybe some others have the same impression:

RUr26Bh.png

I use Trees HD, but I think this kind of trees belong to LOWI?

I find them "outstanding" in the meaning, that they do not look as nice as the others and are really noticeable. Maybe it is because they have that bright green "border" around?

And maybe it is also just during spring, haven't tested other seasons now.

So, this is the last item I found.

Many, many thanks for this scenery!!!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to LOWI - Many questions

G'day Guenseli, 

Glad you are enjoying the scenery so far :) Going through everything you have noted: 

2 hours ago, Guenseli said:

IBnAvun.png

RUr26Bh.png

Both these are left-overs from the JustSim Innsbruck - these will need to be removed manually. Please have a read of my notes in this topic to see how to do this. 

ggeFn9R.png

HKQb5aD.png

U0IwRyH.png

This clash is most likely caused by incorrectly layered scenery - any other mesh products (Pilots Ultimate Mesh etc) will need to sit below your FTX_AA_LOWI scenery entry in your scenery library. The airport elevation issues (sunken wood shed etc) may possibly be related to a duplicate APX file, but try the mesh layering first to see if that solves this problem. 

LG5U463.jpg

Fw234hG.png

T5IWJUC.jpg

Do you have Vector or a similar non-ORBX product installed? If so, again, you will need to make sure that your FTX_AA_LOWI entry sits above them in the scenery library. 

I have made now several approaches at Saturday between 13 and 14 o'clock ... never had a water parade...

What do I wrong?

Have you checked by taxiing past the trucks? The two trucks will visible either side of the runway for the entire hour, but the water spray will only be activated when you are in close proximity. If you still find that it doesn't work, then it is most likely that your ORBXlibs and Objectflow .dll are out of date - you can update these through FTX Central. 

Let me know how you go :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad i too wish to congratulate you on your LOWI addon. Afraid you have now set the bar really high for others to follow!

My question is: I have 2 additional references to LOWI. The first is and afcad within MyTraffic, and the second is within Vector APT folder. Do I disable those 2 bgls?

G'day Jjaycee1, thanks very much :)

Yes you will definitely need to de-activate the MyTraffic AFCAD file, in fact could you please let me know the filename and location of this bgl? I'll make sure I add it to the compatibility index for LOWI. Regarding Vector - it is always good practice to deactivate any Vector airport entry when superseded by a full-HD ORBX version. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

OK and thanks for the advice. All MT6 afcads are located in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. The particular file is BR2_LOWI.BGL. Now I must admit that I am unsure what that file is exactly because there are 2 types of files with MT6 Scenery. Some are labelled as AF2 and some as BR. Not many have the 2 files associated with a particular ICAO reference. Some are BR_xxxx.BGL and some are AF2_xxxx.BGL. I don't see any files which have both an AF2 and BR reference associated to them, but have not looked at that scenario closely enough as yet.

3 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

OK and thanks for the advice. All MT6 afcads are located in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. The particular file is BR2_LOWI.BGL. Now I must admit that I am unsure what that file is exactly because there are 2 types of files with MT6 Scenery. Some are labelled as AF2 and some as BR. Not many have the 2 files associated with a particular ICAO reference. Some are BR_xxxx.BGL and some are AF2_xxxx.BGL. I don't see any files which have both an AF2 and BR reference associated to them, but have not looked at that scenario closely enough as yet.

You can rename these files to .OFF. If you want a bit more information, please, check this out:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/76962-bgl-files/ or

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/73972-function-of-br2_xxxxbgl-files/

Cheers, :)

Hello Jarrad,

thanks to your help, I have resolved all except one issue.

I have had Vector accidently installed over the rest of ORBX and the Justsim lefovers are also gone.

What I still do not have is the water parade.

My ORBXLib is up to date and objectFlow is enabled

Note that I use simstarter and have maybe some custom simobjects structures. Is there maybe anything I should check?

90b0B2B.png

I do not even see the firetrucks.

I'm right that it has to be Saturday, between 13 and 14 local?

Archived