No Buildings at KRDD

FreeBird

15 hours ago, FreeBird said:

The workaround for the moment is to load the flight some ware else and then select go to airport and select KRDD then all is okay. I know that Darrington 1S2 has this same issue but only when you fly to it.

Well I guess the "debate" would be about the above quote versus 

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

This only happens when you load the flight at the start from KRDD in P3D. I can fly there anytime with the scenery present.

The first pic I showed was having loaded KRDD at the start.

I have just started a flight at KAUN Auburn Mun, and then "Go To Airport" and chosen KRDD. Both times it worked fine. below is the pic from the Go To selection.

I agree Ron ... No debate from me because for me it works fine in both conflicting scenarios. Freebird said first that it works fine if you start at another airport and Go To. Then says it works fine if you start a flight at KRDD. Those are the only 2 options available, either start at or Go To and both work... for me.

Can you post a pic of what your scene looks like?

2017-3-14_13-14-52-837.jpg

When did I say it works fine when I start at KRDD. Also from your picture you are showing the default KRDD not the payware. The default works just fine. I also notice in your picture that you have two control towers so something is amiss in your setup.

This is what I see. When I load a flight from 085 Benton everything is as it ought to be...Beautiful. I fly over to Redding and everything is as it ought to be...Beautiful. Sreenshots as per PR shots, they've already been shown.

When I load a flight from KRDD it is bereft of everything...Awful. Screenshots as per shots shown on the other thread. Actually, J, at this moment I'd be happy with the default! Your's is cracking compared to mine! :D

Ok then I apologise regarding all being normal with my views of KRDD. I do not have the payware so we are comparing chalk and cheese here. Had I known it was the payware that has issues I would not have entered the topic. Yes freebird i do have 2 towers for some reason, but I can edit that out. I think it may be to do with the REX HD Airports addon adding a second tower or a duplicate afcad somewhere like in MT6.

I hope your problems get resolved especially as you paid money for it.

Its really not a big issue its just something ORBX needs to address. I find most of issues with ORBX scenery usually are local to the costumers machine but in the odd case like this it has been a issue for awhile and has something to do with P3D and ORBX doesn't know why. For now I just use the workarounds.

As quoted from Alex Goff

"The reason why the objects fail to load is unknown, my personal suspicion is the large number of autogen objects, but we have no official culprit. "

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

Quoting Alex Goff "The reason why the objects fail to load is unknown, my personal suspicion is the large number of autogen objects, but we have no official culprit."

But a whole airport? Not to mention Darrington/Concrete with the same issue.

EDIT: I just now loaded KRDD. Desert. Went to Scenery Library and disabled Redding. Upon my return I get the default Redding. Mmm, better than nothing. Went back to Scenery Library and re-enabled KRDD. Upon my return...Heaven! Redding in all it's glory! What's that about?

I've run that sequence again with the same results. So something is broken. As for Unknown is unknown(aka tough titty) that's not really an answer top flight scenery designers/builders should be happy about giving.

Don't get the idea I'm having a pop at you Nick, I'm not, you're only the poor bugger that has to face this stuff.

I'd better stop before I'm banned. :D

4 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Would you care to give us the issue and how you fixed it?:unsure:

Actually it is still a issue I haven't fixed it and now I don't think it is related to the 1s2 issue. If I load in and select a runway not the active then no scenery. If I start it at Gate 2 small all works. If I load to active runway all works but if I chose most any other place like fuel box nothing. Strange

6 hours ago, rafgath said:

This issue has been raised at least a few times on this forum and there was never any solution. Funny thing is that when you use  049 Constellation everything is fine.

I tried that and it did work but only on the runways, parking was a no go.  Is anyone at ORBX going to chime in here as this stuff has been going on now for almost a year without any input from ORBX. Will there be a Fix?   Josh

If they did, I rather think that the answer will be the same as it was the last time this was extensively discussed.

I would be delighted to research it for you but first you will need to buy me a copy of P3D.

(Disclaimer in case required, the above statement is made in a light-hearted manner and intended to be humorous.) >:)

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

If they did, I rather think that the answer will be the same as it was the last time this was extensively discussed.

I would be delighted to research it for you but first you will need to buy me a copy of P3D.

(Disclaimer in case required, the above statement is made in a light-hearted manner and intended to be humorous.) >:)

Fair enough but it sure would be nice to get a little love from the ORBX team. I know the workaround so its no big deal just a nuisance. With all the moderating you do ORBX should buy you a copy just so you can better serve the community here.  Josh

I too am having this same issue with Orbx KRDD as others posted. I am running P3D 3.4 on Windows 10. If I load a flight at KRDD--just a flat land, no buildings, no runway or taxi way markings. Did not try loading at specific locations at KRDD as others have mentioned. If KRDD is my destination and I land there, all is okay. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. Hopefully something can be done to help fix this in the near future.

Thanks,

Raymie

I just tried loading a flight from KRDD using the two areas specified--Gate 2 Small and the active runway--no difference for me. The airport looks exactly the same as the pic Free Bird posted--just a blank.I switched to another airport--and then tried loading back to KRDD--but no difference, still the same as Free Bird's pic--just a blank space.

Raymie

you will see that it is not a widespread problem or a new one.

I believe it is a widespread problem. I'm on my third fresh install of P3d since this was reported over a year ago with the same behavior. People ask for help and we get answer like this. That is not support, that is just kicking the can down the road. Nick I know you are just a moderator and have no power to change things but there has been no word from ORBX in a long time on this subject. WE as customers should deserve better than that.  Josh

Has this issue been fixed as it is happening again after the last Libraries update.

Its really not a big issue its just something ORBX needs to address. I find most of issues with ORBX scenery usually are local to the costumers machine but in the odd case like this it has been a issue for awhile and has something to do with P3D and ORBX doesn't know why. For now I just use the workarounds.

As quoted from Alex Goff

"The reason why the objects fail to load is unknown, my personal suspicion is the large number of autogen objects, but we have no official culprit. "

it sure would be nice to get a little love from the ORBX team.

I know the workaround so its no big deal just a nuisance. Josh

That is not support, that is just kicking the can down the road.

WE as customers should deserve better than that.

I think the topic has now started again at the beginning.

All your comments have been noted and all references to previous developer comments

have been included.

Clearly there is nothing else to say except that I would also hope that there will be a solution,

though there is no sign of one at present.

Thanks to all who have contributed

Archived