I wanna be a test pilot when I grow up

Jack Sawyer

It can be done.  Don't mind me, just more testing :rolleyes:

lYiRedv.jpg

byEH0MY.jpg

OLPJcPn.jpg

glynzEz.jpg

Isn't this a beautiful place?  I needed helicopters to bring up the freight.

vJyiv6k.jpg

ZDbWRHi.jpg

Here.  We.  Go............

PbjmffZ.jpg

F0I76Mw.jpg

Pull up Pull up!!!!

XsQ61f9.jpg

Yes!

Tp4Z9oA.jpg

TloCbGn.jpg

l3CkhxJ.jpg

Now for some high-altitude testing! B) I mean REAL high altitude.  Like 189 miles.  Would that be flight level 1890 or 18900?

qhYxuFj.jpg

All that Orbx PeopleFlow way down yonder.

swh24AK.jpg

Just ignore the shrill warnings folks.  Your captain is nuts.

kXpq9wK.jpg

T80ON7w.jpg

I tested the hot brakes by landing on grass.  Yup, they get hot!

FINBrfu.jpg

Thanks for indulging my test flights of fancy. :D

Can you imagine Jack that people are willing to pay tens of millions of bucks for an out of space flight in a tiny, uncomfortable capsule and here you are, offering something similarly spectacular with the added comfort only a big Boeing can provide. Hey, where's my glass of Dom Perignon??

8 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Can you imagine Jack that people are willing to pay tens of millions of bucks for an out of space flight in a tiny, uncomfortable capsule and here you are, offering something similarly spectacular with the added comfort only a big Boeing can provide. Hey, where's my glass of Dom Perignon??

Yup, this was one specially modified jet, by a top-secret company in the Mohave desert.  It's not only a space plane but it's a STOL too!  Is that Dom 1959 sir?

Just now, bernd1151 said:

No, if possible open the 1990 vintage bottle ;)

Really? I was always told 1959 was the best.  I don't know much about champagne but I am wine commonsewer :lol: (pun) but I like only Italian Merlot.

The best wine of the lot comes from the engines, but it can still give you a head and earache.

Maybe you were making deliveries to the ISS?

Even glowing brakes, PMDG never thought anyone would be pulling the stunts with their 744 that you are Jack.

What next? Landing on the Mariana Trench:o:lol:

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

The best wine of the lot comes from the engines, but it can still give you a head and earache.

Maybe you were making deliveries to the ISS?

Even glowing brakes, PMDG never thought anyone would be pulling the stunts with their 744 that you are Jack.

What next? Landing on the Mariana Trench:o:lol:

Good idea Martyn!  Nah, I think I'll keep to more saner flights.  Occasionally I like to try things just to see if they can be done.  After all, I used to do a lot of beta testing and I'd make some programs go through some pretty crazy things to ry to break them.

12 hours ago, olderndirt said:

A natural aerobat.  Perhaps bigger engines, clip the wings (less flex) and a smoke system - you'll have the first air show act with a B747.  

Thanks OnD!  If they flew that first 707 upside down at Boeing I guess it can be done with a 747.  I mean it used to carry a 101 ton space shuttle on its back.

11 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

You are setting the bar pretty high Jack.  After these shots, combined with your bridge antics, I am not sure how you can top yourself.  Well, I guess there is always the moon.

Thanks PDX.  For my next feat...who knows?

10 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Oh, your poor planes, Jack!!??!! :)

I'm too scared to try such stunts, even in a sim - just landing at Concrete or Darrington is enough to make me nervous.

But I sure like seeing your adventures!

Fun!

Steve

Thanks Steve, yeah, but my fleet has some of the best mechanics you can get.

8 hours ago, jury42 said:

WOW!

Thanks Jury!

8 hours ago, adambar said:

I lost for words Jack, all I can say is good luck on being a test pilot, your going to need it. :D

Thanks Adam, lost for words?   How about nuts?  Crazy?  Daring?  Um, what else?

5 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL Jack!

They will be retiring your aircraft soon because of stress cracks! :)

Thanks Paul, I agree, they won't be "cycled out" if I keep up these antics.  And if I had turned on failures in this PMDG beasty I reckon it would have been a lot worse.  But all in all it's fun!:lol:

Archived