Global vectors caused OOM

johnsorice

After updating Global Vectors as per update available it would continually show that a new update is available.  Also I had continuous OOM dings and when I uninstalled all worked fine. Thank you for any help in this matter. John Sorice

Welcome to the forum(s). The answer to the update problem is here  

The OOM problem could be several things. What aircraft and scenery are you using? Where does the OOM occur? What are your slider settings? That information will help the folks here to better understand the problem you are having.

Doug

Thank you Doug for your quick response.  Will try to reinstall as per your information. I was using the PMDG B737, B747 v3, and the MD-11. Just had Global Base and Vectors installed.  Worked fine with just Base but when I added Vectors the OOM dings started right after loading a Free Flight with those aircraft. Using DX10 as well with the fix.  Sliders not maxed.                   John

That's really strange John. It usually takes much longer than that for an OOM to show up. The only one of those aircraft I have is the PMDG 737 and I did do a trial run with that one to see what the Vector effect was on the VAS. The only add-ons installed were Vector and the 737. All sliders were full-right. Fair weather.

At KMRY 28L remaining VAS measured with FSUIPC after launch without Vector active was 2,216,120. With Vector it was 2,067,040. A difference of 149,080. 

At KLAX 07L  remaining VAS measured 1,739,976 with Vector and 1,591,588 without it. A difference of 148,338 - pretty close to the first result.

The only way I can see that Vector is causing the OOM is if you're almost out of VAS even without it. What airport are you starting from? You may want to do something like the above, i.e., record the VAS in a start-up situation without Vector activated (just turn it off in the scenery library) and then do the same with Vector active. Let us know what happens........................Doug

Hello Doug,
        Ok, reinstalled vector.  FSX, loaded PMDG B747 v3, KJFK FSdreamteam, 31L.  VAS 655,000.  Unchecked vector in scenery library, VAS 660,000. Uninstalled vector completely, VAS 1,100,000. Changed  location to stock KSFO, 28R, VAS 1,300,000. I guess that KJFK version eats it up. 
      What do you think I should do to increase VAS?    As always , thank you for all the help.  All the best, John

Hi John

FSX DX9 and PMDG, along with the complex airports will eat the VAS incredibly fast and there is really nothing you can do, other than turn off some road and other options in Vector, and I would most certainly purchase Steves DX10 fixer and run FSX in DX10 mode which manages VAS far much better, and then start turning down and experimenting with settings, eg. 1024 textures max, LOD at 4.5, autogen cranked way down, water slider down.....the more horsepower you have with tons of complex addons and the higher the settings you use the faster your system will eat through the VAS is the general way of thinking. You can also use programs like simstarter and deactivate groups of scenery from loading and I am sure there is other methods that the community will share. Good luck! :)

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Global vectors caused OOM
21 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi John

FSX DX9 and PMDG, along with the complex airports will eat the VAS incredibly fast and there is really nothing you can do, other than turn off some road and other options in Vector, and I would most certainly purchase Steves DX10 fixer and run FSX in DX10 mode which manages VAS far much better, and then start turning down and experimenting with settings, eg. 1024 textures max, LOD at 4.5, autogen cranked way down, water slider down.....the more horsepower you have with tons of complex addons and the higher the settings you use the faster your system will eat through the VAS is the general way of thinking. You can also use programs like simstarter and deactivate groups of scenery from loading and I am sure there is other methods that the community will share. Good luck! :)

Turn down AI traffic to about 10% or so in heavy air traffic areas (like NY City, LA, Seattle, etc.).  Cloud draw distance to minimum, likewise.

I feel I must add to this discussion by saying that in all of my SIMstarter profiles I have NOT included Vector. It is still installed so the AEC element is still included. To date, I confess I cannot see a damned bit of difference! Having said that, I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool scenery gawper. My jury is still out on Vector but I have noticed the complete absence of those irritating pauses that no one will own up to. Just saying is all.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Ron,

If there are no Vector entries in your scenery library, then Vector is having no effect at all

in your simulator.

Exactly! No Vector, no pauses. With Vector, pauses. There is no 'What can I tell ya?' smiley.

I'm only saying what happens on my set up. Other peoples mileage may vary. :)

27 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Exactly! No Vector, no pauses. With Vector, pauses. There is no 'What can I tell ya?' smiley.

I'm only saying what happens on my set up. Other peoples mileage may vary. :)

Plus one no more pauses.

• 4 months later...
On 17/07/2017 at 9:39 AM, nomorefighting said:

Hello,

I just bought Global Vector, and I do have the "pauses" problem. Has this been fixed?

Thanks a lot

S. 

Hi,
I suggest you open your own topic to receive assistance

Archived