They Come from the Land Down Under ...

MZee1960

2 hours ago, speedy70 said:

Brown seats and Blue seatbelts eh!

Hi Chris,

Actually for some reason the lighting shows them with a hint of brown, but shot  #5  (above)  shows the black a bit better and same here in this one shot below :

Dwm2017-03-0321-35-29-21.jpg

The seatbelts are now  'greyish-blue'  and not the vivid  'blue jean blue'  as before.  Muuuuch better IMHO ! 

16 hours ago, hwh86 said:

But where do you get it?

Hi @ hwh86,

It's available here :    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104652-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-released-!

Livery is here :  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/102351-Douglas-C-47-Qantas-Modern-Livery-zip

Thanks, again everyone !

Happy Flights,

MZ.

12 minutes ago, MZee1960 said:

Thanks MZ, got it.

Looks great in those colours, excellent series of shots too.

I hope there is no beer flowing and men chundering on this flight otherwise it will not be business as usual:rolleyes:

What great times they were as well, there would not be any Aussie from that time that will forget the 26th September 1983.

9 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

I am a bit embarrassed, I downloaded the texture file but all the textures are zipped without a folder. How do you create an empty texture sub folder in the aircraft folder to add the texture files? I have never experienced this problem before.

Hi @hwh86,

This has never happened to me before.  I would try downloading again from the two links above.

The first link should yield when the files are extracted a  'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14'  folder which goes into the  'Aircraft'  folder as usual.

The second link should yield when the files are extracted a  'texture.Qantas_Modern'  folder which goes into the  'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14'   folder as a repaint (subfolder).

Now, because the Quantas repaint is an older repaint, it has to be adapted to work with this latest C-47 aircraft version  (V3.14),as follows :

To get the VC to display correctly, open and rewrite the texture cfg file inside the Qantas repaint folder to read :

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

The [fltsim] entry for the Qantas repaint should be modified to read as follows and then added to the aircraft cfg  file inside 'Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14' folder :

[fltsim.X]
title=Douglas C-47 V3 Qantas Modern
sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
model=C47_2
panel=
sound=
texture=Qantas_Modern
kb_checklists=C47_check
kb_reference=C47_ref
atc_id=VH-SOB
ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
ui_type="C-47 Skytrain"
ui_variation="Qantas"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby=
description=

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

MZ

2 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

MZ

Thank you mate, it is nice when you know what you are doing. It worked like a charm but I would never have had the know-how to work it out by myself. To give my gratitude some substance, here are two screenies taken at Essendon: Cheers, Les (hwh86)

qantas_1.jpg

qantas_2.jpg

4 hours ago, hwh86 said:

It worked like a charm but I would never have had the know-how to work it out by myself. To give my gratitude some substance, here are two screenies taken at Essendon: Cheers, Les (hwh86)

Hi Les,

Glad to hear all is good now !   Your pics also show a nice little airport.

I never thought this freeware aircraft could occupy so much of my time -  there are many posts over at SOH regarding new interior colors, repaints etc.

I take things one step at a time and add things like repaints to it as I come across them.

Here's the link to the main livery thread for starters :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread

Hope to see more of your C-47 pics here in the forum.

Cheers,

Milan.

Archived