Scenic flight over Ayers Rock

hwh86

Scenic flight over the Rock in a Beaver. Took off from Ayers Rock aerodrome and followed the Standard Procedure SP7.

rock_1.jpg

Heading past (not over) the Rock at 4000 ft AMSL

rock_2.jpg

Back on a reciprocal heading still at 4000 ft

rock_3.jpg

Leaving the Rock and climbing to 4500ft AMSL heading for the Olgas

rock_4.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed it, I certainly have.

13 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great set of shots.  I love how photoreal it is.  Is this Orbx AUS?  I have it and would like to fly to it someday.

Yes Jack, it most certainly is. It is in the Northern Territory. If you ever decide to go there, compare the Orbx scenery with Google Earth to see just how realistic it is. Should you decide to fly from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock aerodrome, be prepared to be bored out of your mind, it is a bleak, featureless landscape, fly a fast airplane or increase the rate. Cheers, Les

8 minutes ago, hwh86 said:

Yes Jack, it most certainly is. It is in the Northern Territory. If you ever decide to go there, compare the Orbx scenery with Google Earth to see just how realistic it is. Should you decide to fly from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock aerodrome, be prepared to be bored out of your mind, it is a bleak, featureless landscape, fly a fast airplane or increase the rate. Cheers, Les

Thanks hwh.  I wonder how vast that area really is.  I can't wait to try it now.  

Archived