Gilbraltar to Tangiers - dawn flight

andy1252

Got myself the new Alabeo C441 Conquest, and have been thinking about Gibraltar and the Straits for a while now, so . . .

Dawn departure for this short hop

p714Idu.jpg

Are you sitting comfortably?

NoTxIjH.jpg

then we'll begin

1oCk9n7.jpg

XV1VuGw.jpg

5EL96k4.jpg

iWtSQK6.jpg

ENQCbiX.jpg

ixcU47G.jpg

14DK8P5.jpg

I wonder if the man in the moon is getting the "don't sink, don't sink" message?

ZoImHms.jpg

Another day, another continent!

qhf4L58.jpg

heading over Tangiers

IL13yxf.jpg

p7WkH0d.jpg

Moon goes down, lights go off

2LXNsQP.jpg

Dh13QmK.jpg

QculmTR.jpg

ZIePNxX.jpg

That was fun. I might do another one soon but head on to Casablanca instead. See what that looks like.

Amazing, Andy!! I did a similar flight a few days back in the good old Canberra, but didn't post it here, as there was some non-ORBX scenery involved. And I started from Malaga, made a low pass over AS Gibraltar, crossed the Strait and landed just like you in Tanger.  

Thanks everybody. I got lucky with the moon here. Had great fun moving the time back and forwards to see the moon at different times leading up to the flight shown. And I'd love to see ORBX do a full fat Gibraltar and/or Morocco (are you getting this, Jarrad?)

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Not long and we will be able to fly in OLC Africa

Hopefully, Martyn. That will certainly be amazing if it's done to the same standard as the US and EU.

13 hours ago, BradB said:

even Frank approves

Hi John, what was that old line - "it's Frank's world, we just fly in it" or something like that <grin>

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

And the interior of your plane also does not look that shabby

4 hours ago, adambar said:

i've been think about the C441 for a while

Gerold, Adam, it's a fine 'plane indeed. The finish is wonderful, interior sumptuous, and it let's me start her up with ctrl-E! My sort of aircraft. Highly recommended.

12 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Amazing, Andy!! I did a similar flight a few days back in the good old Canberra, but didn't post it here, as there was some non-ORBX scenery involved. And I started from Malaga, made a low pass over AS Gibraltar, crossed the Strait and landed just like you in Tanger.  

Hi Bernd, I know that feeling. I've done many a flight somewhere that's resulted in some amazing shots and then remembered I was flying over some AS or DD scenery. Shame we can't post 'em here but understandable.

Archived