ENHF nice, but problems?

Jack Sawyer

I bought it and love it, especially the sloped runway.  But I wonder if there's a landclass problem in some of my shots.

And there seems to be a landing light/runway problem.

Is anyone else seeing this, does my installation look ok?

Thanks.

Jack

YW2yXyJ.jpg

zuy9ccl.jpg

il58crD.jpg

BQuPhq4.jpg

ukQG1Yt.jpg

TvgCr0h.jpg

kQNsshD.jpg

Does this look right?  And the next several.

BPeV3Vg.jpg

YGTTCYn.jpg

If9naBj.jpg

1k0ndgE.jpg

This look great.

AvHmkoi.jpg

dadXez9.jpg

Lading light problem? 

9xETfi1.jpg

Jack - I think the landing light problem is to do with P3D using the time-of-day to trigger the illumination - rather than the more accurate sun position. I've no idea whether this is a core P3D function or whether it's built into the scenery.

I'll see if I can replicate one of your landclass problem shots on my system.

Adam.

Hi Jack, I did a dozen tests here and the one that worked for me was uninstalling and reinstalling Norway. Please, try that.

I'm guessing the aircraft light problem has something to do with the sloped runway. 

EDIT: Yes, I loaded the default Carenado (P3Dv3.4) and when you reach the runway slope the lights go under. 

6 minutes ago, RJ said:

Hi Jack, I did a dozen tests here and the one that worked for me was uninstalling and reinstalling Norway. Please, try that.

I'm guessing the aircraft light problem has something to do with the sloped runway. 

Thanks RJ but the entire Norway???  Or ENHF?

Gosh I have never uninstalled an Orbx.  How do i do it?

Hi Jack. That area you are seeing over there is untouched, and is ftx Norway landclass and autogen buildings. Sure it doesn't look good, but I had to set a limit to the scenery somewhere.

By looking at the autogen 'Norwegian' houses, I guess you can understand why I did the entire city with my own houses ;)

Re. The landing lights, that's a shortcoming in the sim when it comes to slopes in terrain. Some aircraft manage well, while older ones doesn't show at all, depending on the way they are modeled :)

Hope you're happy with the rest of the area! :)

Finn

9 minutes ago, Finni Hansen said:

Hi Jack. That area you are seeing over there is untouched, and is ftx Norway landclass and autogen buildings. Sure it doesn't look good, but I had to set a limit to the scenery somewhere.

By looking at the autogen 'Norwegian' houses, I guess you can understand why I did the entire city with my own houses ;)

Re. The landing lights, that's a shortcoming in the sim when it comes to slopes in terrain. Some aircraft manage well, while older ones doesn't show at all, depending on the way they are modeled :)

Hope you're happy with the rest of the area! :)

Finn

Well, if RJ reinstalled it and it was okay what did that fix.  If my screenshots look as you designed it then no need to reinstall?  No problem with the houses and I have to say, you did an outstanding job on the scenery.  I absolutely love the sloped runway, my second after Sumburgh.  

So to reiterate, no reinstall needed?

Depends if that bothers you or not. We had the same problem and uninstalling and reinstalling fixed that for me. So, it's up to you. :)

EDIT: Before anything, let me post an image of the exact same place before you decide to do something. Wait some minutes... :)

Just now, RJ said:

Depends if that bothers you or not. We had the same problem and uninstalling and reinstalling fixed that for me. So, it's up to you. :)

EDIT: Before anything, let me post an image of the exact same place before you decide to do something. Wait some minutes... :)

OK, I'm doing a LOT of maintenance on the PC anyway so it'll be a long while before I can do anything at all RJ.

See Finni's post above, he said it's normal?  But if you reinstalled Norway and now looks different show me very confused!  :blink::unsure:

Just now, Adam Banks said:

My screens look the same as Jack's. I have Global, Norway etc. so if RJ's pic looks any different, I may be reinstalling as well :lol:.

Adam

Adam, it will be a LONG time before I can do it.  I have a ton of updates and other nonsense to do PLUS update to 3.4.9 from 3.2 because the MV F4E I bought last night REQUIRES it!  ARGH.  The next coupe of days will not be very pleasant for me.  I foresee a lot of broken things.  Such is life.

Please let me know.  Also, I now see why RJ reinstalled Norway itself, it's not ENHF it's Norway, (maybe) as stated above graciously by Finni himself.

1 minute ago, Finni Hansen said:

I'm seeing the same as you guys. This is FTX Norway, and the weird way LC is rendered..

I was wondering about doing this area as well, but since the aerial photography is so damn expensive, and I had been working on the project for 11 months, I decided to leave it alone .. :)

2016-12-16_0-50-11-380.jpg

2016-12-16_0-50-11-380.bmp

Gosh, thanks a lot Finn!  So this mean I do not have to reinstall anything?  I can understand how ariel photography would cost so much, no problem.  I can live with this as long as you say it's okay.  

Best regards.

Jack

2 minutes ago, Finni Hansen said:

No need to reinstall. I guess you'll just have to stay out of this area if you don't want to see this awkwardness :)

No, no, no, Finn, this is good news!  I don't mind it as I know nothing is 100% perfect.  I'm just happy I do not have to reinstall.  I wonder what RJ was seeing that was so different?

How can I not stay out of this area as this is a wonderful airport with the sloped runway, the seasonal lighting, and everything.  I'd recommend this airport to anyone who wants to listen!

Thanks a lot for helping, I very much appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Finni Hansen said:

No need to reinstall. I guess you'll just have to stay out of this area if you don't want to see this awkwardness :)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

No, no, no, Finn, this is good news!  I don't mind it as I know nothing is 100% perfect.  I'm just happy I do not have to reinstall.  I wonder what RJ was seeing that was so different?

Almost the same place as Finni's image:

2016-12-15_22-28-0-998.jpg

Before uninstalling check your SCENERY.CFG and see if Vector is at the top:

Priority.jpg

According to Orbx entry insertion points, VECTOR must be on top of everything like I showed in my image: 

• Priority 1 - Vector OBJ
  • Priority 2 - Vector FixedAPT
  • Priority 3 - Vector APT
  • Priority 4 - Vector CVX
  • Priority 5 - Vector EXX

If you do this, then there's no need to reinstall EU NORWAY or Hammerfest ENHF. :)

The entries that are grayed out are REQUIRED by P3D. Here's an example:

• Title=Edwards_AFB
  • Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\Cities\Edwards_AFB
  • Layer=127
  • Active=TRUE
  • Required=TRUE (this is the reason why is grayed out. Most entries would read FALSE)

Edwards_AFB should ALSO be ticked. 

1 minute ago, RJ said:

According to Orbx entry insertion points, VECTOR must be on top of everything like I showed in my image: 

• Priority 1 - Vector OBJ
  • Priority 2 - Vector FixedAPT
  • Priority 3 - Vector APT
  • Priority 4 - Vector CVX
  • Priority 5 - Vector EXX

If you do this, then there's no need to reinstall EU NORWAY or Hammerfest ENHF. :)

The entries that are grayed out are REQUIRED by P3D. Here's an example:

• Title=Edwards_AFB
  • Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\Cities\Edwards_AFB
  • Layer=127
  • Active=TRUE
  • Required=TRUE (this is the reason why is grayed out. Most entries would read FALSE)

Edwards_AFB should ALSO be ticked. 

Thanks RJ.  I have FTX set correctly so why is my P3D library contrary to it?

Weren't they talking about fixing FTX3 so the insertion points work better?  I forget.

Capture4.jpg

For me FTXC3 insertion points do work correctly, although I like to do it my way (I like to organize my SCENERY.CFG by continents and by state if the airports/regions are from the US).

So, maybe, something is wrong with your P3D installation (and not FTXC3). 

Anyway, move those VECTOR entries UP. :)

2 minutes ago, RJ said:

For me FTXC3 insertion points do work correctly, although I like to do it my way (I like to organize my SCENERY.CFG by continents and by state if the airports/regions are from the US).

So, maybe, something is wrong with your P3D installation (and not FTXC3). 

Anyway, move those VECTOR entries UP. :)

How would I know something is wrong with P3D?  

I printed out your list so I can organize them that way but will Central reorganize them?

BTW RJ, thank you.

I think we will have to go back to square one. The VECTOR insertion position that FTXC3 puts at the top is not correct. Doing that changes every airport. I realized this when loading another airport. The image below was made, I think, by Voyager. The insertion points are the correct ones for VECTOR (like in your original configuration):

LibraryFTXOLCMeshVectorPositions.jpg

The way things work for me here is: every time I use FTXC3 and open a product control panel, install or update something, FTXC3 inserts every product I have into my SCENERY.CFG. VECTOR entries get priority one (at the top) and this is wrong (because other airports are affected by this). So the "autogen spill" we get in Hammerfest is probably what Finni wrote. Out of curiosity, please check and see how many VECTOR entry blocks you have in your SCENERY.CFG. 

You don't need Vector enabled at all when in FTX Norway, plus Vector should not be at the top of the scenery library. I dont get these problems because I use SimStarter (other similar programmes are available !) which will load the preset scenery cfgs per Profile I have set. It doesn't load the generic scenery cfg so if I set a profile or Norway for example it will have Vector in the cfg but disabled (i.e. False/False), but also Vector, although disabled would be in it's correct location just above my Mesh addon, just above Base as in the pic submitted by RJ above. I can open Central any amount of times without it resetting my scenery cfg incorrectly because as soon as I choose a SimStarter profile the new  Sim Starter scenery cfg will be entered.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi RJ, I have 5 Vector entries.

And the AEC line near the bottom 

Then you're ok. :)

1 hour ago, jjaycee1 said:

You don't need Vector enabled at all when in FTX Norway, plus Vector should not be at the top of the scenery library. I dont get these problems because I use SimStarter (other similar programmes are available !) which will load the preset scenery cfgs per Profile I have set. It doesn't load the generic scenery cfg so if I set a profile or Norway for example it will have Vector in the cfg but disabled (i.e. False/False), but also Vector, although disabled would be in it's correct location just above my Mesh addon, just above Base as in the pic submitted by RJ above. I can open Central any amount of times without it resetting my scenery cfg incorrectly because as soon as I choose a SimStarter profile the new  Sim Starter scenery cfg will be entered.

Yep, you're right since Norway is a full fat region. So there's no need to activate VECTOR. :)

And yes, I have SimStarter here. Great app. :)

Cheers, 

Archived