C-47 Pan-Am over South America

Adam Banks

Here's one for Jack - who had trouble getting Jankees' livery to work for the MJ v3 C-47. This shot was taken somewhere in South America:

c47_panam_181_1350.jpg

Spoiler

[fltsim.xx]
Title           = Douglas C-47 V3 PanAm
Sim             = Douglas_DC3_V1.4
Model           =
Panel           =
Sound           =
Texture         = JK_PanAm
kb_checklists   = C47_check
kb_reference    = C47_ref
atc_id          = N54705
ui_manufacturer = Douglas
ui_type         = C-47 Skytrain
ui_variation    = PanAm N54705
ui_typerole     = Twin Engine Prop
ui_createdby    = Jan Kees Blom
description     = "C-47A N54705 was built in 1942 as c/n #12844 serial 42-92983. The aircraft was used as an instrument laboratory for new innovations and wasn't officially handed over to the USAAF until March 24, 1944. On March 16, 1946 the aircraft was sold as surplus to Pan American Airways and registered as N54705. The aircraft was
used mostly on South American routes until June 19, 1960 when it was sold to Spantax S.A. of Spain.\n\nPainted in the Blue Ball Scheme it wore between 1957 and 1960 while with Pan Am. The aircraft was last seen as a derelict at Alicante, Spain. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom for Manfred Jahn's C-47 version 1.2, based on the paintkit by Gman5250."

Adam.

5 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I don't get it Martyn, how did he *** me off?  Yes, it's quite beautiful 

In your acft.cfg, compare an entry you know works with the one for the PanAm livery.  Any discrepencies in the first three lines and it won't show.

14 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Also, besides Aircraft.cfg lines comparison, check there is a thumbnail.jpg for the Texture. I have had missing thumbnails which causes aircraft not to show up in Livery selection when you are setting up flight.

I happen to know Jack's on P3Dv3 - so no thumbnails required ;)

I think I know what VH-KDK is getting at ... sort of "hey look at me ... I know how to edit an aircraft.cfg file" - but it was followed by 3 smileys, so I don't think anyone's offended!!

Adam.

2 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

I happen to know Jack's on P3Dv3 - so no thumbnails required ;)

I think I know what VH-KDK is getting at ... sort of "hey look at me ... I know how to edit an aircraft.cfg file" - but it was followed by 3 smileys, so I don't think anyone's offended!!

Adam.

Never my intention to offend anyone Adam, but Jack told me the parcel bomb is in the post.:o:ph34r::ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Adam, I'll have to learn how to get that PanAm livery to work with the latest version, is this possible?

Just install like any other livery:

1) Copy the JK_PanAm texture folder into your C-47 folder (along with any other textures you may have).

2) Edit the aircraft.cfg by adding the section in the "spoiler" (1st post) but change the "xx" in "[flightsim.xx]" to the last entry number you have, plus 1.

Adam.

10 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Just install like any other livery:

1) Copy the JK_PanAm texture folder into your C-47 folder (along with any other textures you may have).

2) Edit the aircraft.cfg by adding the section in the "spoiler" (1st post) but change the "xx" in "[flightsim.xx]" to the last entry number you have, plus 1.

Adam.

First post?  Did I miss something? 

6 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I see!  Thanks Adam.  Will have to do it tomorrow.  Afraid to try it now.  Get this, I bought 3W5 and USMV tonight and I'd like to try the PanAm livery but I can't because we're getting a thunderstorm.  First rain and t-storm since last spring.  We've been a severe drought all spring and summer.  But now when I really want to do something I can't because we might lose power.  Ain't life grand?

Thanks for clueing me in by the way!

Archived