The ferry flight is finished

Jack Sawyer

Whew!

It took a while to take a DO-228 from SAK to Melbourne but I did it and finished today.

Today's flight:

YLLE - Ballera, Queensland to YIVO - Ivanhoe, New South Wales to YMML - Melbourne.

Departing YLLE

OzBmicw.jpg

On the way to YIVO over miles and miles of desert

EZYqUfJ.jpg

yZOJkpV.jpg

gDoOoXp.jpg

Some green!

j28IuI3.jpg

7BB1SKg.jpg

KMqIvpr.jpg

Nice forests!

lYGsRyk.jpg

xrQwgpz.jpg

Approaching YIVO

xzp4GGV.jpg

ulW1l7G.jpg

Departed YIVO and now enroute to Melbourne!

g9vZwhG.jpg

PYR1obG.jpg

TVcWmj4.jpg

Cloud cover was so dense I shut off AS16

9WuAj4i.jpg

n3q7tf8.jpg

dC1t8pp.jpg

wEna1k0.jpg

Finally!

JgmCMaW.jpg

It was a long set of flights but quite fun.

Now on to other Orbx exploration.

Great set and series of posts on your delivery flight, I have enjoyed them.

You took a risk landing at Ivanhoe. Saw a news feature years ago and the place was out of control. The supermarket looked like a fortress and was closing due to the lawlessness.

Looks like the Do228 had lock nuts on the wheels otherwise it would have ended up on blocks.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Great set and series of posts on your delivery flight, I have enjoyed them.

You took a risk landing at Ivanhoe. Saw a news feature years ago and the place was out of control. The supermarket looked like a fortress and was closing due to the lawlessness.

Looks like the Do228 had lock nuts on the wheels otherwise it would have ended up on blocks.

Wow!  Lawlessness?  How many people live there?  Why was there lawlessness?  

Ended up on blocks, Martyn I'm…:lol:

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow!  Lawlessness?  How many people live there?  Why was there lawlessness?  

Ended up on blocks, Martyn I'm…:lol:

I will PM you the reason, if I put it up here the PC brigade will be breaking my door down, the truth hurts!:o

Thanks fellas!  I think this guy, no idea who in FSE land bought this from someone in SAK and he hired us to fly it to Melbourne.  So he must be an Aussie who wanted his plane down under but didn't want to have to actually fly it all that way.  That's ow FSE is, you can't just magically set it there.  It's like real life.  Gas, pax, freight, maintenance fees, you name it.  But it's fun.   And the reason we have our FBO's in Alaska is because we love Orbx's SAK and all their airports there the best.  There's something about Alaska.  It's a beautiful place and I envy those who live there too.

I live in drabsville USA.  Boring.

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

You did it, Jack!! Congrats and on to new adventures. Isn't our hobby just great.

Thanks Bernd.  Yes, I love this hobby because there's always so much new stuff to learn.  From geography lessons on some of these awesome tours to learning new aircraft and the histories of them.  Aviations has always been in my blood since I was about six years old.

2 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

So, you mean for the last thirty years ;) ;)

51 years as I'm 57 now.  When I was a kid I built kites, especially box kites.  And every single last one of the Guillows balsa model kits two or three times.  I lived so close to KBOS that we couldn't fly kites on certain parts of the island lest they get injested by an engine.

My grandmother took me to KBOS when I was six and I looked down below at the guys on the ramp and I knew that's what I wanted to do for life.  So Air Force, major carrier, all kinds of licenses, avionics technician, flew small planes and hot air balloons, and have been a fanatic ever since.

If it wasn't for Orbx I wouldn't sim, no one can touch them.  And I love study level planes but have a mixed hangar.  Since I now have medical issues I can no longer fly.  But I can sim.  So I'm good with planes and cockpits but programming things and things like PTA or HDR or XML.DLL's, forget about it, I'm lost.

3 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

For that people like us have luckily Adam.

I agree, Adam, JV, and Rich have provided some very different settings with nice perspectives.  Something like PTA is all very subjective.  I envy JV with that rig and a 4K monitor, I'll bet what he sees and what I see are light years apart.

I have stuck with Adam's original because I think it fits my eyes and monitor the best so far.  It's very delicate balance, and I have no idea how they do it as it must take an enoumous amount of patience to change and reboot.  If it wasn't for these guys making profiles and PTA being easy to use that way by simply loading them, I'd never even attempt it.  Way over my head.

Archived