Heading home from Sylt

Stillwater

I know @andy1252 and @VH-KDK are around here, but I am running out of cash and have to go home. Perhaps our ways cross on the trip?

Leaving Sylt...

2016-9-28_19-23EDXW.jpg
2016-9-28_19-29-38-392.jpg

... north to the Elbow, Germanys northernmost point.

2016-9-28_19-37Elbow.jpg

It take just some minutes to cross Schleswig-Holstein by plane, to reach Flensburg.

2016-9-28_20-4FL.jpg

Down the beautiful baltic sea coast to Laboe with its (3rd party) naval memorials ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laboe_Naval_Memorial )...

2016-9-28_20-56Laboe.jpg

... Kiel, ...

2016-9-28_20-58Kiel.jpg

... and the (incomplete-in-orbx) HDW docks.

2016-9-28_21-0HDW.jpg

Now following the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal westwards to Rendsburg, where lots of traffic needs to cross the channel.

2016-9-28_21-8Rendsburg.jpg
2016-9-28_21-9-50-117.jpg
2016-9-28_21-11Rendsburg.jpg

The landscape looks so great!

2016-9-28_21-14NO-Kanal.jpg

Brunsbüttel, with the industrial area grouped around the inop nuclear power plant.

2016-9-28_21-25AKWSAVABayer.jpg

And south of the Elbe we find the gardens of the Altes Land ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altes_Land ), the biggest fruit-producing region in Central Europe, with the characteristic Marschhufendörfer, a special kind of village where the farmyards are set along a street with the land directly behind them. Chapeau, Orbx, a masterpiece for a geography lesson!

2016-9-28_21-31-27-853.jpg

The next inop NPP, Stade...

2016-9-28_21-33Stade.jpg

... and here we find (and neglect) the same challenge than Andy encountered earlier today.

2016-9-28_21-34Challenge.jpg

Down to Hamburg´s Volksparkstadion, ...

2016-9-28_21-42Volkspark.jpg

... and into Finkenwerder for the night. Let me include next mornings short flight also:

2016-9-28_21-45Finkenwerder.jpg
2016-9-29_20-13Finkenwerder.jpg

Waking the rich folks in Blankenese...

2016-9-29_20-14Blankenese.jpg

... passing the harbour area...

2016-9-29_20-17Kohlbrand.jpg

... and shortly after we find Hanover airport, the proper homebase for my next tour...

2016-9-29_20-53Hannover.jpg

Did I ever mention it here: I love the North!

Riveting post Gerold.

A wonderful tour with a very informative narration.

Three weeks ago I didn't know the Geography of the place but now I am slowly learning.

I am recognising some of the views too in your and Andy's posts, "oh yes, I flew there last week!"

Great stuff , you must be rapt with the job ORBX has done with your homeland and like me you will be champing at the bit for GES.:)

Thank you. I relived my trip from last year through Hamburg, Kiel and my old stomping grounds in Laboe. I fly out of EDHK Kiel/Holtenau using similar Scenery. Now with Germany North it enhances the whole Northern part. Thank you ORBX and Stillwater. Now if I could only find the Spangenberg Castle in the town of Spangenberg,  my  name sake,  not far from Hanover :)

Rolf Spangenberg

Lovely stuff Gerold. Sorry I missed you! Lots of places for me to go back and see though now, so thanks for that. This really is a very fine piece of scenery, and has rather changed my opinion of this part of the world - sorry to say I'd thought of it as boring, if indeed I ever thought of it at all (although I'm fascinated by, and have read much on, German and middle European history, I've never really known much about the topography)

Thanks for watching & the quick comments, @Iain Emms, @RJ and @Voyager!

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Riveting post Gerold.

A wonderful tour with a very informative narration.

Three weeks ago I didn't know the Geography of the place but now I am slowly learning.

I am recognising some of the views too in your and Andy's posts, "oh yes, I flew there last week!"

Great stuff , you must be rapt with the job ORBX has done with your homeland and like me you will be champing at the bit for GES.:)

I second your opinion re the amazing job Orbx has done with my home region. And still we report loads of potential improvements...

Very cool to fly around at the same time with you and some others, and give & get infusions of geography.

20 hours ago, Rolfspan said:

Thank you. I relived my trip from last year through Hamburg, Kiel and my old stomping grounds in Laboe. I fly out of EDHK Kiel/Holtenau using similar Scenery. Now with Germany North it enhances the whole Northern part. Thank you ORBX and Stillwater. Now if I could only find the Spangenberg Castle in the town of Spangenberg,  my  name sake,  not far from Hanover :)

Rolf Spangenberg

Enjoy your search, and do not forget to post! 

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Boy Gerold, those are terrific and always loves guided tour!  Thanks for the geography lesson and showing the POI's.  Don't have GEN yet but will on the next sale.

It will be your pleasure, even if you value the great work orbx has done - and pay the full price... (moderators, please delete this comment if inappropriate).

19 hours ago, BradB said:

What ..... no RL shots Gerold , I guess you really are low on funds . :o:D Seriously this a awesome tour and shots my friend !! .

Cheers

John

You know, Sylt is so expensive. But don´t worry, John, I´ll recover soon.

19 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely stuff Gerold. Sorry I missed you! Lots of places for me to go back and see though now, so thanks for that. This really is a very fine piece of scenery, and has rather changed my opinion of this part of the world - sorry to say I'd thought of it as boring, if indeed I ever thought of it at all (although I'm fascinated by, and have read much on, German and middle European history, I've never really known much about the topography)

It is my pleasure to fly around my home ground and discover it from the air. Plus, I can add some local knowlegde. But I need to close my gaps in the eastern part of the scenery, I request guided tours by @Frank Schnibben and @Kasi31!

Archived