36 miles to RPUW which is on an island

QQsoyvJ.jpg

This is a pretty large island!

UWKDuCY.jpg

On approach

pRTEeje.jpg

On final

Q2psNYg.jpg

Thanks guys!  My partner in FS Economy does all the routing.  It's a fun way to fly in the sim.  We use Orbx everything, especially SAK where we're based out of.  You earn virtual $ for hauling people and cargo and then there's things like this, ferry flights.  Either for hire like this one is, bring this DO-228 from Alaska to Australia, or we buy one and ferry it from wherever it is to Alaska.

In between these FSE flights I do a lot of exploring.  Like right now I'm making a 300+ mile flight further south in the Philippines but after this flight I am treating myself to KPSP!  It's downloading as I type!  Loving me some Orbx.

What a wonderful trip in my second home, Jack. Lake Taal and the area surrounding it (Tagaytay) is really beautiful and a favorite get-away destination for the Manilanos. It’s just an hour drive from Manila. The following pics were taken by me in Feb. of this year. Unfortunately we had some overcast, so they didn’t come out too well

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Btw, the mountain you were referring to is Mount Malepunyo, an extinct volcano and some 3,200 ft high.

Thanks for naming that "mountain" Bernd!  And those photos are beautiful, I'll bet it's a beautiful place to live.  My friend in the UK who is my partner in FSE is married to a Philippino woman and she's extremely beautiful.  He told me there's something like 2700+ islands there?  So you live there?  Or did live there?

I wish I could travel to even a tiny percent of the places we all go to in the sim.

RPUW, you know that of course, is Marinduque. Fly further south, pass by Romblon (very nice too) and eventually you end up in Caticlan, airport to one of the most beautiful islands on earth: Boracay. I think I have done that trip from Manila to Caticlan in small commuter planes at least 70 times in over 25 years.

41 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

He told me there's something like 2700+ islands there?  So you live there?  Or did live there?

I wish I could travel to even a tiny percent of the places we all go to in the sim.

Make that 7000+, Jack. I lived there till 2011, but I go back once a year for at least 4 weeks every time, because I have too many friends there. And to those places we cannot go in person, we are now lucky to visit them at least in our sim. I know, it's not the same, but at least, it's a start

10 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Make that 7000+, Jack. I lived there till 2011, but I go back once a year for at least 4 weeks every time, because I have too many friends there. And to those places we cannot go in person, we are now lucky to visit them at least in our sim. I know, it's not the same, but at least, it's a start

7000!?  Holy cow that's a lot.  I'd love to go there.

54 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

RPUW, you know that of course, is Marinduque. Fly further south, pass by Romblon (very nice too) and eventually you end up in Caticlan, airport to one of the most beautiful islands on earth: Boracay. I think I have done that trip from Manila to Caticlan in small commuter planes at least 70 times in over 25 years.

I don't know if my route will take me there but it's something to save for further flights.

Archived