Japan, the PNW of Asia

Jon Clarke

I have been flying in Japan recently with Global & Vector and Ultimate Asia mesh, and I have to say it is well worth the visit. Like PNW there are lots of great mountain areas, large cities with plenty of autogen, rivers, bridges, high speed rail elevated section and with the Ships addon, loads of ships. 

I recommend a visit and see for your self.

If you want some sample pics let me know and I will take some shots and post them in the Screenshot forum.

There bis an excellent freeware landclass available for Japan. See

http://www.simforums.com/forums/japan-freeware-landclass-gex-asa-gep3d-users_topic44729.html

I use this (together with Global + Vector + Pilot's 2010 Mesh) and it's really good. As long as we don't have an FTX Japan Region - which I still would *love* to see - this gives a quite good background. And, yes, this is a fascinating landscape.

Kind regards, Michael

4 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I have been flying in Japan recently with Global & Vector and Ultimate Asia mesh, and I have to say it is well worth the visit. Like PNW there are lots of great mountain areas, large cities with plenty of autogen, rivers, bridges, high speed rail elevated section and with the Ships addon, loads of ships. 

I recommend a visit and see for your self.

If you want some sample pics let me know and I will take some shots and post them in the Screenshot forum.

jjaycee1 - could you manage a high speed elevated rail shot, & Mt Fuji??

TTM

I will try to remember where I visited and saw the elevated rails.No trains on it! I will then attach a pic or two. I need to find Fuji mountain. I saw car traffic on adjacent roads and was wondering why no traffic was on these elevated sections which looked like elevated highway, until I realised it was the rail lines.

The northern part of the elevated ring road around Sapporo (just southwest of RJCO) looks great too.

I think the basic Orbx treatment is quite nice.

A region would send me over the moon!

P.S. I've been here for 20 years, BoyScout. You in Honshu?

Thanks Dominique. I didn't know about that freeware airports list. Aside my less fluent Japanese, all these goodies seem to be for FSX only, though. Prepar3d3 might be a bit hit or miss..or?

Kind regards, Michael

On 30/08/2016 at 4:46 PM, pmb said:

There bis an excellent freeware landclass available for Japan. See

http://www.simforums.com/forums/japan-freeware-landclass-gex-asa-gep3d-users_topic44729.html

I use this (together with Global + Vector + Pilot's 2010 Mesh) and it's really good. As long as we don't have an FTX Japan Region - which I still would *love* to see - this gives a quite good background. And, yes, this is a fascinating landscape.

Kind regards, Michael

Great hint Michael appreciated

where though within the library do you have these three entries? below or above any Japan Airport addons and or FTX entries?

Peter

As always, landclass must go below airports. I don't have that much Japanese airports right now, just those by Wing Creations and they sit directly above the three landclass entries (jpx_objects etc).

The whole ORBX block is further below (which doesn't matter as it does not influence the region). Vector is still further down, but that's normal.

Kind regards, Michael

As a sidenote: An alternative list in a better readable language (presumably for most of us) can be found in Robert Oosterloo's famous catalogue under

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/japan.html

It even includes two P3D sceneries which I, however, didn't check that. That's probably all far from Narvik or Dubrovnik quality, but sure better than nothing.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for the tip on this LC. It is beautiful. I am not at all familiar with Japan except for some common landmarks. Rather than cross post, you can take a look at some shots taken on a flight yesterday posted in the screen shot section. Look for Ascending Mt. Fuji.

Sherm

I have spent the last several hours trying to get a decent rendition of RJCC New Chitose Sapporo. Having googled I see that there is a flaw in FSX and probably P3D regarding the incorrect elevation detail for RJCC. If anyone in this topic can have a look and see if you also get the runways in a pit. It is still in  a pit even without any mesh except default enabled.

6 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

I have spent the last several hours trying to get a decent rendition of RJCC New Chitose Sapporo. Having googled I see that there is a flaw in FSX and probably P3D regarding the incorrect elevation detail for RJCC. If anyone in this topic can have a look and see if you also get the runways in a pit. It is still in  a pit even without any mesh except default enabled.

Checked RJCC in P3D v3.5 & get the runways in pits. Have Pilot's Ultimate Asia mesh running but haven't had a look yet at what might be causing it.

TTM

When ORBX does a full fat Japan, I'll speed to the front of the purchase line. I agree with those who have noted above that this country has as spectacular a variety of scenery as do the PNW and NZ regions. I lived in northern Honshu and in the Tokyo region and really enjoyed the people and the beauty.

TTM. I too use Ultimate Asia but the problem is nothing to do with the mesh or Vector or any addon. It is a problem with FSX copied over into P3D regarding the incorrect elevation of that airport and the fact it is co-joined with RJCJ. Many articles in Avsim for example about it. I downloaded a file released end of last month for RJCC from avsim, but even that doesn't cure it.Looks like 2 airports to avoid.  A payware would resolve it or somebody here at the forums who could do their magic with ADE. The other Sapporo option of RJCO works fine.

Richard. I am with you on that.

Archived