Nanaimo (CAC8) down to Friday Harbor (KFHR)

BradB

50 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Nice pics!  What update is it?

Just to advise you all that a new version of CAC8 is now available. This version can be installed over a the current version.

It adds the following to Version 1.00:

• The Seair terminal and docks which services Area B - refer to user guide about Area A and B
  • A static Kenmore Air DHC3 at the Seair dock
  • A revised Harbour Air DHC3 Area A
  • The large Departure Bay ferry terminal. (If the PNW AI ferries are installed, the ferry Queen of Nanaimo will dock at one of the berths and a static model of the Spirit of British Columbia will be located at another berth. Note: the PNW ferries are 'community scenery' and are not supported by Orbx.)
  • Many detailed buildings along the nearby waterfront as well as the docks and boat haul-out including a Travelift.
  • A new AI sailboat that operates in the narrow channel Area B, adding another real life challenge to pilots.
  • A high resolution static fuel barge and tug plus the dock at which the barge is moored.
  • A Nanaimo Bar Easter egg hidden in plain sight, so far undiscovered.  
  • A solution to the 'hardening causes aircraft crash' problem

12 hours ago, BradB said:

Just to advise you all that a new version of CAC8 is now available. This version can be installed over a the current version.

It adds the following to Version 1.00:

• The Seair terminal and docks which services Area B - refer to user guide about Area A and B
  • A static Kenmore Air DHC3 at the Seair dock
  • A revised Harbour Air DHC3 Area A
  • The large Departure Bay ferry terminal. (If the PNW AI ferries are installed, the ferry Queen of Nanaimo will dock at one of the berths and a static model of the Spirit of British Columbia will be located at another berth. Note: the PNW ferries are 'community scenery' and are not supported by Orbx.)
  • Many detailed buildings along the nearby waterfront as well as the docks and boat haul-out including a Travelift.
  • A new AI sailboat that operates in the narrow channel Area B, adding another real life challenge to pilots.
  • A high resolution static fuel barge and tug plus the dock at which the barge is moored.
  • A Nanaimo Bar Easter egg hidden in plain sight, so far undiscovered.  
  • A solution to the 'hardening causes aircraft crash' problem

Hi John, how do we get it, I have the first version.

Hi Guys,

I’m told that calling attention to problems is asking for trouble but I’ll do it anyway. Mostly because I have faith that the LM guys will solve it soon.  I guess everyone is being polite by not mentioning the color and lightness – darkness mismatch in the overhead screenshot above. (It depends on time of day, the season, the moon, the direction of view, the weather, etc.)  This has been a huge P3D headache in several sceneries but maybe it will go away soon. Because of the geography of Nanaimo and the way it was made,  it sticks out like a sore thumb. Hopefully to get better soon.

Archived