Back in NZ

Jack Sawyer

Jack - have you flown south of Taranga (sp?) NZTG yet?  You go south over that first set of hills and then turn slightly to to the right and then more to right as the mountains make you turn and then head south when able across the countryside to that airport by the large lake.  that area cannot be missed.  its some national park or something with very well done textures.  an old volcano or two...and a lake and a forest...with cool fields all around.

1 hour ago, sightseer said:

Jack - have you flown south of Taranga (sp?) NZTG yet?  You go south over that first set of hills and then turn slightly to to the right and then more to right as the mountains make you turn and then head south when able across the countryside to that airport by the large lake.  that area cannot be missed.  its some national park or something with very well done textures.  an old volcano or two...and a lake and a forest...with cool fields all around.

Hi Dave, according to my log I have landed at NZTG.  So now I'll have to revisit it and follow your directions.  Do you know the name of the airport by the lake?

BTW: I am now downloading NZMF!  I am going to make my way there from the north island.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Dave, according to my log I have landed at NZTG.  So now I'll have to revisit it and follow your directions.  Do you know the name of the airport by the lake?

BTW: I am now downloading NZMF!  I am going to make my way there from the north island.

I found the volcana, flying there now.  Outstanding scenery!

47 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great pic's jack. Some nasty looking weather there through your journey.

Don

It was Don but fun too!  Thanks.

33 minutes ago, BradB said:

Grand set of shots Jack , make sure you have NZSI before installing Milford Sound :

This product requires you have the following installed:

Click for more info.
NZ South Island
 Cheers

John

Yes sir, I already had both, bought a while back but never flew in, now however I am having a blast.

Thanks John.

Many, many more on the way…

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Jack - the name of the airport appears to be Taupo (TUO). had to look it up on google.  I have a meandering course that goes from NZTG down by the volcanoes and then across the countryside at very low altitude (low enough to see the a few tiny possible volcanoes along the way) and you'll come across that airport by the lake before you know it.  and then its south to the bigger volcanoes and that little airstrip that points directly at the big volcano down that way.

EDIT: just found the first volcano set on google - its one at Putauaki and also Mt Tarawera and from there towards Taupo.

2 hours ago, sightseer said:

Jack - the name of the airport appears to be Taupo (TUO). had to look it up on google.  I have a meandering course that goes from NZTG down by the volcanoes and then across the countryside at very low altitude (low enough to see the a few tiny possible volcanoes along the way) and you'll come across that airport by the lake before you know it.  and then its south to the bigger volcanoes and that little airstrip that points directly at the big volcano down that way.

EDIT: just found the first volcano set on google - its one at Putauaki and also Mt Tarawera and from there towards Taupo.

Thanks Dave.  I will try to fly there, as you saw in my other set that volcano is very impressive, as well as the lake you mentioned.  If you never mentioned the volcano I would have missed it.  Thanks for the heads up.

Archived