Loch Lomond in DGFS

Caluma65

Evening All,

A few shots from around Loch Lomond on the West coast of Scotland with DG Flight School.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJtd

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJts

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJtw

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJtj

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJt5

(Still haven't quite figured out how to post actual screenshots rather than links.......)

Cheers,

Calum

Yes, nice shots there.   Last week we were on holiday there.  Dare I say that the pictures flatter it.  Rainy, cold, windy and Scottish money is how I'll remember it!:(

John

9 minutes ago, JohnY said:

Yes, nice shots there.   Last week we were on holiday there.  Dare I say that the pictures flatter it.  Rainy, cold, windy and Scottish money is how I'll remember it!:(

John

Hi John,

We aren't usually blessed with the finest summers this far north unfortunately....this year has been as bad as I can remember.  However, if you are lucky enough to catch some good weather whilst holidaying on the bonnie banks - there is no nicer place to be.  Cheers,

Calum

2 hours ago, chewit said:

Nice screenies Could do with Vector now

Hi Chewit,

Absolutely.  Agreed - it would look so much better with vector - I wonder if vector will be included in the full simulator or whether Orbx will be releasing it as an add-on to the full title.

I would be interested to hear how quickly Orbx will be able to react following the release and how quickly we can expect to see some add-on packaged made available.  Given that Flight School is a vastly watered down version of what the full sim is likely to be - I'm encouraged and hopeful!  Cheers,

Calum

12 hours ago, Voyager said:

Very nice these screenshots!

Voyager

iPad - Tapatalk

Thanks Voyager.  Vector would be a nice addition but on the whole, I'm encouraged by what I see and very hopeful for the future.  Cheers,

Calum

Terrific screenies of your "neck of the woods", Calum

15 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

(Still haven't quite figured out how to post actual screenshots rather than links.......)

It's easy, once you have uploaded a screenshot, click on the space below "Embed Codes", go down to BBCodes and choose the fist one "BBCode (embedded)". That's your link for showing your nice shots here ;)

5 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific screenies of your "neck of the woods", Calum

It's easy, once you have uploaded a screenshot, click on the space below "Embed Codes", go down to BBCodes and choose the fist one "BBCode (embedded)". That's your link for showing your nice shots here ;)

Hi Bernd1151,

Thanks for your response - very helpful. So is that to say that if I upload my screenshot to the host site and then copy the BBCode (Embedded) link into my post that it will post the actual screenshot into my post instead of a link?  Sorry for these amateur questions.  Cheers,

Calum

50 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

So is that to say that if I upload my screenshot to the host site and then copy the BBCode (Embedded) link into my post that it will post the actual screenshot into my post instead of a link?

Yes, exactly, Calum. What you always can do, before you actually sumbit your thread, click first on "Preview Post". That way you'll see what you'll post and can do, if needed, some corrections.

Bernd

11 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Yes, exactly, Calum. What you always can do, before you actually sumbit your thread, click first on "Preview Post". That way you'll see what you'll post and can do, if needed, some corrections.

Bernd

Many thanks for your help Bernd.  Very much appreciated!!  Cheers,

Calum

8 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Got to admire the light in these shots.

which part of the west coast are you from, I was born in Ardrossan moved to Australia when I was 4.

cheers

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you - it's stock standard DGFS - I think there is much to be encouraged about here.  Far from perfect but definitely a step in the right direction.  

I'm from Balloch (about 10 miles from EGPF) - right on the southern tip of the loch.  I know Ardrossan very well and play cricket there on a regular basis.  However, between Australia and Ardrossan.....I know where I would rather be!  Cheers,

Calum

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent shots Callum.

A beautiful part of the world, I visited Scotland 3 times in the early 70s and loved it, the scenery and the people were outstanding.

Thanks VH-KDK.  It's a lovely place.....just a shame we don't have the Oz weather.  Cheers,

Calum

8 hours ago, olderndirt said:

We were last there in 2000 - rode around Loch Lomond on a tourist boat and it wasn't raining.  A lot of it still much the same as when I left in '53.

Hi Olderndirt,

You must have been fortunate and picked the only day that year the rain never hit us.  On a nice day - there's no nicer place to be.  Cheers,

Calum

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Thanks for posting these shots from Dovetail , I am looking forward to their new Sim this Fall . :D:)

Cheers

John

Hi John,

You are welcome.  Thank you for taking the time to cast your eye over them.  I will shortly be posting a comparison shot between DGFS and FSX that may interest you.  Cheers,

Calum

Archived