OLC NA - Midlands, South Carolina

Jotayhen

Here are five pictures of my local area in the Midlands of South Carolina.  I hope they will give you an idea of why I am so pleased with this new product.

I understand that these shots are not of interest to all as they are very specific and only illustrate the significant improvements to a region of the country that most of you would not normally fly over. I offer them to show you how much difference Orbx NA OLC has made in my home area.
The first is taken looking SE over the unincorporated area of Lugoff, SC. The river in the distance is the Wateree River and the town beyond is Camden, SC. The two large tanks in the upper right area mark the Invista plant (textiles) and the bridge over the Wateree River and road through Lugoff is US Hwy #1.
Prior to NA OLC only the Invista plant two tanks, the bridge and the road were visible across the river. The rest was forest.

Lugoff.jpg

This area is called Sandhills Village. It is a very large mixed use development built by Cohn, Inc. It rests between Elgin and Pontiac, SC on the way to Columbia, SC The residential area above Sandhills Village is Carolina Lakes. Again, none of this existed before NA OLC.

Sandhills Village.jpg

This is a tiny hamlet called Ridgeway, SC. It consists of only a few houses, gas station, convenience store and three churches. It is the last place you can buy gas before getting up on to I-77 heading either to Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC. The road you see threading its way on the right side of the picture is SC hwy 34 heading from Camden through Ridgeway up to I-77. You can see the Ridgeway exit of I-77 at the top of the picture. Once again, only the roads were visible in the old scenery.

Ridgeway.jpg

This is the village of Winnsboro, SC. It also lies along I-77 north of Ridgeway. Again, only the road was visible before.

Winnsboro.jpg

If you elect to stay off of I-20 and go into Columbia, SC from Camden, SC using the more rural US hwy #1 you will pass through a little town called Arcadia Lakes. Here several small lakes dot the landscape and serve to break up the urban look. Arcadia Lakes was not represented in the old scenery.

Arcadia Lakes.jpg

I hope you can see why I am so pleased. This scenery package has really brought my local area into play in a way that makes me want to now explore my state with new enthusiasm and excitement. Thanks very much, Orbx Team.  You've given us all a quality product that will greatly enhance our flight sim experience.

Jotayhen, Thanks for posting these!  I live in North-central North Carolina near the Virginia border, and it has been so frustrating to find vast areas of relatively rural population areas completely unrepresented that I almost never fly in my part of the country, preferring instead to fly in the regions Orbx has 'gotten around to' already.  It looks like it is going to be a genuine pleasure to make the kinds of trips I might make someday when I own a real airplane -- trips from HOME! ;) 

So good to see you are happy with the vast improvements in the  way your region is now represented.

Always interested to see other peoples shots and even more so when they give a detailed description of their locale.

Wonderful shots BTW.

Archived