From Northern Germany to Southern Austria in a Tupolev

bernd1151

To be more precise from my hometown Münster in Westphalia to beautiful Klagenfurt at the Wörthersee. The plane is a fairly huge Tupolev 114 in my own fictional private livery, which I believe she wears quite well.

The Tu114 will take the entire runway of 3,600 meters in order to get air-born, a bit scary

image.jpg

As one can see, the area around the airport and actually also much of Westphalia is fairly rural. Westphalia is the northern part of the state “Northrhine-Westfalia”

image.jpg

Crossing the „Sauerland“, a hilly, sparcely populated area to the southern end of Northrhine-Westphalia

image.jpg

We leave Frankfurt and its busy airport well west of us

image.jpg

Fürstenfeldbruck AFB, west of Munich, was my former stomping ground

image.jpg

Below is part of the “Ammersee”. We get close to the Alps

image.jpg

image.jpg

The cockpit is huge

image.jpg

image.jpg

We have reached the south-eastern part of Austria with the “Wörthersee” below the plane. The following pics have on top of LC Europe the Austria East Professional scenery, that is why they look a bit greener

image.jpg

image.jpg

She is a slow turner

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Although this flight was different and much longer than my last one with the DC-6 in Southern California, I enjoyed it as much. I hope you like it too

Thanks very much Dolf, John and Don

6 hours ago, Bushpounder said:

Nice shots!! What scenery is that Klagenfurt Airport? Looks nice.

Don

Don, the scenery is freeware and can be downloaded together with another nice one that covers Graz from avsim

Thanks a lot my friends

21 hours ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Very nice set of this trip. I wonder how it will look like once we have Germany full fat region...

That's exactly my question too, because whenever I fly over Germany I tell myself, hey it can't get much better than this  ;) But of course it will, as the cities/villages will be placed more accurately, most airports (and hopefully airstrips) are much better than default and we will see more typical landmarks, so these are all things that you otherwise would have to buy separately from other vendors

Archived