I can't remember.... Old.

warren

Three ladies were discussing the struggles of getting older.

One said, “Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand, while standing in front of the refrigerator, and I can’t remember whether I need to put it away, or start making a sandwich.”

The second lady chimed in and said, “Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can’t remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down.”

The third one responded, “Well, ladies, I’m glad I don’t have that problem. Knock on wood,” as she tapped her knuckles on the table. Suddenly she said, “That must be the door, I’ll get it!”

A lady walked up to the front desk of a hotel and asked the young man behind the counter "Did you see me walk in here young man?"

"Yes Ma'am." he replied

"Have you ever seen me before?" she asked

"No Ma'am" he replied

Well how in tarnation did you know it was me then?" She bellowed.

I keep my sugar dispenser in a kitchen cupboard, and my instant coffee in my refrigerator.  A couple weeks ago during a commercial on TV I ran to the kitchen, nuked a cup of water, used the coffee and sugar, then put the coffee in the cupboard and the sugar container in the refrigerator.  I was rushing to get back before the TV show continued.  Next morning I opened the refrigerator and went, "Where's the darn coffee?"  And as if that's not bad enough, when I went to the cupboard and found the coffee, I couldn't find the sugar.  That's when it hit me and I went back to the refrigerator and saw it in there.    

Spent the rest of the day worrying about whether I had the start of Early Alzheimer's. Hasn't happened again since then, so I think I'm still safe.  :D

Research, I read on the web a few weeks ago, has discovered something called "doorway syndrome".  When you go through a door, things in your perception reset to the new room, and you forget what was going on; on the other side of the doorway. So now, we have a scientific reason for being space cases.

LOL

Sue

I was talking to my doctor about my fear of Alzheimer's and he gave me this advice which has set my mind at rest.         

" Don't worry about it Dale, when it happens you won't know it."

The Doorway Syndrome explains a lot.  I have been suffering from it for 60 years. 

Archived