Martha's Vinyard Airport KMVY Freeware?

Can someone please post some photos of how the Orbx FTX freeware of Martha's Vinyard airport KMVY should look like when installed from pack 9

I don't think I got the right representation of the tower and building correct still looks default scenery. I got some people animation, hangars some static pla?

But that passenger terminal does not look like anything i've seen kind of default square looking building. Not like the one i've seen when i was there a year ago? Below pic is what I got. I remember having a better scenery then this a while ago but don't remember where I got it from?

URL]

fsx 2016-04-01 10-30-40-30.jpg

On 4/2/2016 at 10:08 AM, Bermuda425 said:

Hi there,

Nantucket is currently in development by Bill Womack's iblueyonder.

Greetings,

Bermuda

Hey Bermuda425 thanks just the scenery I was really looking for. Not a lot of developers out there doing small airports.

Bill said he is about getting ready to release Nantucket airport and airport I used to visit a lot with my dad. His work is flawless awesome 3D Model scenery! just excellent work!

On April 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Alex Goff said:

Similar but not the same, I am working on KBHB Bar Harbor. If you need to get your fix of summer Cessna 402 flights from Boston to vacation destinations!

Hi Alex,

Outstanding - and right up my alley... Have you posted any pictures yet ? All we need is a high quality 402... I had started a photoreal Owls Head (KRKD) in FS9 but never finished it... I was also following a gentleman on FS Developer making the best looking Cessna 402 (including Cape Air livery) I had ever seen - unfortunately he passed away - and his work was lost... My parents live in Boothbay Harbor and I fly my Beech into Wiscasset (KIWI) all the time... I'll gladly follow your progress if posted...

Regards,

Scott

I haven't posted any pictures publicly, the airport is nearing completion but there are still some ugly spots.

I do have a coverage map however:

KuXuBrS.jpg

And a KML of the coverage map for download:

KBHB.kml

The blue/purple lines mark the boundaries of the photoreal area. It is a mix of 30cm, 60cm, and 90cm imagery covering all of Mt. Desert Island and surrounding islands. I've modelled all the lighthouses and some other fun POI's like helipads, an unlisted airstrip, and an abandoned airstrip. Outside the boundaries also gets a small facelift, 5m mesh extends out a bit and I've done some landclass touchup for better blending. You'll also find in the KML two routes mapped out that match the routes flown by the scenic flight operators around Acadia Natl. Park.

Since I don't have any in-sim pictures, here's a real life shot from my airport visit showing how busy it gets with bizjet traffic in the summer!

z9yNcaA.jpg

In a few weeks or so I'll probably have an announcement post with the first batch of screenshots

Hi Alex,

Sounds superb... Finally - an East Coast airport from ORBX - I'm definitely looking forward to it... I'll have to fly in there this summer and take a look around to compare... Just an idea - nothing says coastal ME better than the sound of fog horns on a misty morning (I'm not sure how easy it is to add sound effects to scenery)... I'm in on this one...

Regards,
Scott

Alex

Outstanding!

I am about 45 minutes away by car. Mt Dessert island actually has a very large population of very wealthy summer folks, very similar to Newport R.I. MY home airport is KBGR  just up the road. We used to do low level circuits of the island so folks could check out the mansions.

Greg 

I've been putting together some foghorn sounds for the lighthouses that have horns, Great Duck Island and Egg Rock Island. 

I'm glad to see some excitement about Bar Harbor, it's an area that I really enjoyed visiting and it's been a blast re-creating it. There's quite a bit to explore around Acadia and I've pulled out all the stops for the airport itself. Native 2048px texture resolution, native Prepar3d ground polygon with more advanced materials like specular effects and bump mapping, new custom static Saab 340's and Cessna 402's. 

@Alex Goff You can't imagine how awesome I find your new project! I've been thinking about it every day since I first read about you doing a rendition some weeks ago. The coverage area is mind-blowing. I love scenery packages that contain more than one airport. Yesterday evening I watched some videos from around Bar Harbor and these were my favorites:

Count me in as being pleased to see Bar Harbor getting the ORBX care. My base is CYSJ a 3 hour drive up the road in Saint John, NB Canada.

Bar Harbor is a beautiful spot but then again there are so many on the North East Coast including the Canadian Maritimes.

Outstanding news and timing about Bar Harbor.

Spring and summer are incredible times to go camping in this part of the world.  Mild sea breezes mix with the lush inland tree lines that make a visit to this area unforgettable.

It has been many decades since my summer at Bar Harbor.  Thank you Alex for letting me go back again.

PS:   Please include a few nighttime campfires!

...from near KDED

17 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

I haven't posted any pictures publicly, the airport is nearing completion but there are still some ugly spots.

I do have a coverage map however:

KuXuBrS.jpg

And a KML of the coverage map for download:

KBHB.kml

The blue/purple lines mark the boundaries of the photoreal area. It is a mix of 30cm, 60cm, and 90cm imagery covering all of Mt. Desert Island and surrounding islands. I've modelled all the lighthouses and some other fun POI's like helipads, an unlisted airstrip, and an abandoned airstrip. Outside the boundaries also gets a small facelift, 5m mesh extends out a bit and I've done some landclass touchup for better blending. You'll also find in the KML two routes mapped out that match the routes flown by the scenic flight operators around Acadia Natl. Park.

Since I don't have any in-sim pictures, here's a real life shot from my airport visit showing how busy it gets with bizjet traffic in the summer!

z9yNcaA.jpg

In a few weeks or so I'll probably have an announcement post with the first batch of screenshots

Alex, looks like that's a PC-12 in the foreground, right?

10 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

@Alex Goff You can't imagine how awesome I find your new project! I've been thinking about it every day since I first read about you doing a rendition some weeks ago. The coverage area is mind-blowing. I love scenery packages that contain more than one airport. Yesterday evening I watched some videos from around Bar Harbor and these were my favorites:

The coverage has been an adventure in its own right, Mt. Desert Island is the second largest island on the (US) east coast only behind Long Island. It has about 108sq mi of land which plus the outlying islands and some of the mainland is a hefty chunk of photoreal to fly around. 

10 hours ago, Rolfspan said:

Count me in as being pleased to see Bar Harbor getting the ORBX care. My base is CYSJ a 3 hour drive up the road in Saint John, NB Canada.

Bar Harbor is a beautiful spot but then again there are so many on the North East Coast including the Canadian Maritimes.

The Maritimes have some very interesting airports and locations, some places I'd like to check out :)

6 hours ago, Mark Jensen Titterington said:

Outstanding news and timing about Bar Harbor.

Spring and summer are incredible times to go camping in this part of the world.  Mild sea breezes mix with the lush inland tree lines that make a visit to this area unforgettable.

It has been many decades since my summer at Bar Harbor.  Thank you Alex for letting me go back again.

PS:   Please include a few nighttime campfires!

...from near KDED

On my visit to the airport I took the chance to do some camping, the weather was incredible although later in the day after visiting the airport a storm rolled in and I had to abandon camp for a hotel. 

6 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Alex, looks like that's a PC-12 in the foreground, right?

Indeed it is! A bit of a loner among all the Gulfstreams and Learjets. They must stay in one of the "small" mansions ;)

Archived